Wiring issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
Hello everyone. I have a slight issue with my '87 V10 that i recently did a cab swap on. I just "finished" up the wiring, the cab i swapped onto it is slightly older and doesn't have factory A/C so there's a few challenges to overcome with wiring. There may or may not be a few stray wires i missed or didn't hook up. So the other day I went to start it for the first time in about 2 months (It's a 350 TBI) and I hooked up the battery, went to turn the key and nothing happens. No lights, nothing. Now, the inside is still pretty stripped down and the radio, heater control, lights or any accessories aren't hooked up. The only thing that works is the horn. I went and found a couple wires that weren't hooked up and hooked them where i thought they go. Then i hooked up the battery again and as soon as I touched the positive cable to the battery it blew up in my face and a ground wire going from the frame to the cab got really hot and started smoking. Now I'm stuck. I was an idiot and didn't label every wire before i tore it all apart. I took very little pictures and only labeled "important" wires. So this is where I'm stuck at. I need to know what these are and where they go...
You must be registered for see images attach

i thought this was a ground wire so i bolted it to the cab. Doesn't seem to be that

You must be registered for see images attach

I forget what all wires go here. I remember these 2 hanging off of it so i put them there

Another possible issue: I got a new steering column from a junkyard and didn't test it so stuff might not work on that. I have very limited knowledge of wiring and tend to rush and slap things together. But I'm not a complete dummy when it comes to this stuff. Help is appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef