Wiper fluid switch help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sik78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup
Engine Size
250 inline 6
My 1978 c10 wiper fluid works and then does not work. I push the button so it can spray and nothing. Later I use just the wipers not the fluid and it squirts fluid. And when it starts to spray there is no stopping it from spraying it keeps coming out until I stop using the wipers. I do not know what's going on, any help will be appreciated thanks

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I believe your model uses a diaphragm kit in the pump for the washer fluid, that may need rebuilt.

1sik78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup
Engine Size
250 inline 6

1sik78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup
Engine Size
250 inline 6
So what I ended up doing was I took of a wiper fluid tank, motor, and harness that connects to the motor and I spliced into the wires that control the fluid on my factory one. Worked great now when I push the button it squirts with a better stronger spray and when I release it stops instantly. Used a 1989 s10 blazer tank,motor, and wire connector.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Perfect. I did the same as I have the spray pump in the wiper motor.

the nice thing about that is you can just direct wire the tank and forget about the splicing. and you can get new motors for the tank from parts store if need be. and when your wiper motor poops out you can get the one without the integrated spray motor and save a $100

also my 1990 washer tank with integrated spray motor holds more washer fluid then any 73-87 model

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes