Wider Profile / Stance 84 k10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtriderdd

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 84 k10 is running 35s on 15x10 wheels with 4 inches of back spacing and spacers on the rear end to square up the track with the front end. I'd like to get a slightly wider stance. Any suggestions on what size wheels to use to increase to widen the stance / profile? I love the look of the newer trucks with super wide profiles, but not sure the older trucks' bearings can handle it or if I'll get rub on the front end. Would love to see pictures if you have any that have a stance wider than what I'm running.

Thanks for the input.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
My 84 k10 is running 35s on 15x10 wheels with 4 inches of back spacing and spacers on the rear end to square up the track with the front end. I'd like to get a slightly wider stance. Any suggestions on what size wheels to use to increase to widen the stance / profile? I love the look of the newer trucks with super wide profiles, but not sure the older trucks' bearings can handle it or if I'll get rub on the front end. Would love to see pictures if you have any that have a stance wider than what I'm running.

Thanks for the input.

For a wider stance, go with a 15x12 or 15x14 wheel. If you do go with a wider wheel, its a good idea to upgrade your front lug bolts to 9/16" or 1/2". Trust me when I say to upgrade your bolts, and ask me how I know. you'll need at least a 6" lift to clear the 35's with a wider wheel, That or trim the fenders.

dirtriderdd

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
VAL - thanks for the follow up. So 15x12 will definitely rub with a 4" lift?

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
There's a chance they won't, with normal driving, depending on what brand lift you have. They will definitely catch the fenders on the turns, if you do any offroading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly