White Interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I might be wrong, but that almost looks like the cloth velour seat too, instead of simply vinyl. You ain't joking about getting it dirty with a look.

Yep, probably why they are such an uncommon interior to begin with.

It must take a special kind of owner. My C10 will be getting the two-tone interior, although the buckets will have houndstooth inserts. The buckets are there so the console would fit.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yep, probably why they are such an uncommon interior to begin with.

It must take a special kind of owner. My C10 will be getting the two-tone interior, although the buckets will have houndstooth inserts. The buckets are there so the console would fit.
Are you sure because some trucks didn’t come with them...........

73454GMC

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1973,79,80, 84
Truck Model
Engine Size
I pulled those pics off the web but a friend of mine had a black High Sierra with white bucket seat interior. His were vinyl. I couldn't imagine having white CLOTH. You'd have to "git neked" before you could get in the truck!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I pulled those pics off the web but a friend of mine had a black High Sierra with white bucket seat interior. His were vinyl. I couldn't imagine having white CLOTH. You'd have to "git neked" before you could get in the truck!

You would think it would get dirty super easy, but it stays cleaner than you would think. The '79 K5's had a plaid type cloth for their white seats. I've seen a couple very rough examples and the white seats were surprisingly in somewhat OK condition. My K5 has the later ('82) red plaid seats that have a lot of white in the fabric, and they are still in superb condition. The fabric GM was using must be some kind of polyester blend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20