What to do with emissions stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My truck has some leftover emissions parts on the exhaust manifold. They weren't bothering me, but they got kind of bent up removing the engine. What's the best way to get rid of it? Not sure what it's called, but It's a little flap inside the connection at the bottom of the manifold? I think there's a line going into the manifold that would have to be plugged, but is that the only thing to worry about?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
I had one on my truck I just wire tied it open. Now its gone with the long tube headers and flowmasters I put on last year. I dont think its emissions psrts cant remember what it is called but its supposed to be closed on start up and hold heat it to warm engine up faster and fully open at operating temp. Atleast I think thats what it did....

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
If you can un bolt it get two flanges and bend a piece of pipe to fit welder up

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had one on my truck I just wire tied it open. Now its gone with the long tube headers and flowmasters I put on last year. I dont think its emissions psrts cant remember what it is called but its supposed to be closed on start up and hold heat it to warm engine up faster and fully open at operating temp. Atleast I think thats what it did....

I see. I think I can redneck it and just use a chisel to get the flap out and leave the linkage as the seal for the hole.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redneckgames