what lift height do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You have 6 1/2" more lift then my stock 3/4 ton so with 31" and 17 1/2" you would be at 28 1/2" to the bottom of the bumper. Your bumper must be raised 4" or your tires are bigger than 36" ??? or both

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Think I found the problem...... I feel like an idiot for not looking at this closer..... but someone rigged the bumper up a few inches higher to compensate for the gap from the body lift

Attachments

• 20150617_084107.jpg
    20150617_084107.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20150617_084059.jpg
    20150617_084059.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 101

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Think I found the problem...... I feel like an idiot for not looking at this closer..... but someone rigged the bumper up a few inches higher to compensate for the gap from the body lift

I knew it I should get a star whohoo !!! :big_banana_Dance:

I figured that was your problem after doing all the math that was the only explanation left.

Now you have to find the factory bumper brackets and ditch the body lift and find a set of stock wheels to use for the inspection then put your 36s back on to have fun with. I would keep the small factory set just for inspection time lol

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
PS if even with the small factory tires you still need a 1/4 -1/2" you could let some air out of your tires just before inspection time !!! wink wink

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hopefully if I can get close to the legal limit they won't pull out a tape measure. Never seen anyone do that yet lol. I got a couple guys I know that can inspect it. Hopefully they don't get too picky lol

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
You could put a drop V bumper on the back. I would put a brushguard on the front, and weld or bolt a pipe in the center right below the bumper just before it curves underneath. Since the brushguard is bolted to the frame, could it be considered part of the bumper? Or do you have the stock bumper rule over there like we do in WVA?

They measure to the bottom of the bumper over here. If you have a aftermarket bumper or home made one then they go to the frame and measure. We also can't have any tire sticking out past the fenderwell either.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
If they just measured the rear bumper over here I would have it made. I could run 38's or 40's with a bigger lift.

Back in 1998, the local GMC dealer was cleaning out their storage space AKA attic. Anyways, I knew a parts guy and he calls me. He says "Hey would you be interested in any parts for your 79?" Heck yeah, so I go down and buy the last set of chrome headlight bezels for $40. I also buy a factory chrome drop V bumper complete with the GM blue sticker next to the license plate lamp. He said it was a 12 inch drop V but I think it might be a 10 inch. In any event it is really nice and chrome! $225 out the door.

I want the inspector to tell me that didn't come standard on my truck. My comment will be "It was a $300 option that year and besides it has a GM sticker." Argue with that logic.....

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I knew it I should get a star whohoo !!! :big_banana_Dance:

I figured that was your problem after doing all the math that was the only explanation left.

Now you have to find the factory bumper brackets and ditch the body lift and find a set of stock wheels to use for the inspection then put your 36s back on to have fun with. I would keep the small factory set just for inspection time lol

Go to the head of the class !

That is the plan I would roll with.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size