What is your square body dream truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotblazers

Reaction score
Especially since I strongly feel a "street truck" is not even a truck anymore. Gross.

:roflbow::roflbow::grd: i have a new respect for this forum

p.s i said the axle was out of a 54 burb and had 40 spline axle shafts isnt that obvious enough that im joking.

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't the direction this forum is going....................

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

It's pretty much a given that we should expect a division between the street and off road guys.

Eh, I don't care. My typical response when someone doesn't like one of my ideas/mods for my truck on other forums is to tell the haters if they don't like what I am doing to the truck they can buy it from me and give them an absurd price.

My money. My truck. My choice.

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah your right...I just hate it when forums get all about arguing and flaming, ect. I like a decent place to talk about cars & trucks, if I wanna fight I'll just tell my wife I'm buying a set of rockwells...and theres NOTHING she can say 'bout it!

I really don't see why there has to be any division, but then again I'm into everything motorized. So I guess I'll have to be everyones friend lmao

-John

gotblazers

Reaction score

its not, im going to stick to ck5 and norcal for my forum needs since they are dedicated 4x4 forums and there will be no more arguments such as this at least not from me although watch out for the OP haha. Just came over to check it out after someone advertised it on ck5

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flat love CK5...been runnin' on there since '06. I pretty much built all my 4x4 chevys with tech/info from that place. Haha I went to NAPA to get my conversion u-joint for doing my 3/4 ton swap and just walked in and told the guy I did research online and I needed a 447. He goes, "What site did you go to?" I replied "Colorado K5.." He's like, "Oh ok, good." and went in the back and grabbed a 447 lmfao! CK5 is THAT well known!

-John

gotblazers

Reaction score
I flat love CK5...been runnin' on there since '06. I pretty much built all my 4x4 chevys with tech/info from that place. Haha I went to NAPA to get my conversion u-joint for doing my 3/4 ton swap and just walked in and told the guy I did research online and I needed a 447. He goes, "What site did you go to?" I replied "Colorado K5.." He's like, "Oh ok, good." and went in the back and grabbed a 447 lmfao! CK5 is THAT well known!

-John

glad to hear, ive probably heard of you on there whats your name? Sorry about flamin the street trucks i coulda been more tolerant even if they arent my thing. Hindsights 20/20 i guess.

p.s im still waitin for someone to call bs on that axle thread :rofl:

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go by 4x4shortbed over there...since when I joined I had a K10 shortbed pickup lol

-John

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
It loses its "truck" title the second it gets lower than stock ride-height. And then I throw up. But these are just opinions, obviously no one is right here.

opinions are like ********, everybody has their own.

throw a set of helper bags on the back of any lowered truck, and it will do the same work it would at stock height, and probably be easier to load to boot.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
square body dream?

90 Crewcab shortbed, 60/14 under it, riding on 35s, propelled by a 5.9 Cummins.

just need the 14 bolt, a shortbed, and a set of 35s and i'm there.

guido

Reaction score
dream truck

let's see, 73-87 long bed, big block under the hood, turbo 400 followed
by an np205, 3/4 ton, 6 inch lift with 35 inch meats. sliding rear glass,
tinted windows throughout; warn winch hidden in the front. Full posi units
front and rear. Custom upolstered bench seat 60/40 split. Black paint job
with flames in the front, with a blood red interior. And top it off with a cold
air blowing a/c(out of all the trucks I have had, only 1 had a/c). I al,most had this truck completed 20 years ago but a bad wreck and a bitchy wife
set me back a few years.. Hopefully, I will get to it with the one I am rebuilding now. ( or at least get close)

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I would like to drop an ls3 e-rod in my Suburban, quiet exhaust(line up some magnaflows), Stock wheels(Rallys) Stock interior, maybe add some sound deadening, and a nice Sonoma Red paintjob!

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
square body dream?

90 Crewcab shortbed, 60/14 under it, riding on 35s, propelled by a 5.9 Cummins.

just need the 14 bolt, a shortbed, and a set of 35s and i'm there.

scratch that... i fell in love with a longbed. :lol:

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
My dream squarebody?

Hmm........pretty much what I have in the driveway, an 88 Suburban but with a 4" lift, 35's, and working A/C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus