What is your square body dream truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotblazers

Reaction score
Yeah... Not everything is about going offroading.

Some people actually like having a street rod/track truck with power to put down some numbers on the strip.

I assumed we were talkin about wheelin applications since we are on a GM truck site:confused:. to each his own i guess i'd never use a truck for anything but wheelin and gettin around between wheelin.

I can use cars if i wanna go fast

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assumed we were talkin about wheelin applications since we are on a GM truck site:confused:. to each his own i guess i'd never use a truck for anything but wheelin and gettin around between wheelin.

Careful.....pretty soon this is gonna turn out like Pirate and I'll have to leave. I kinda like it here.

Put twin turbos, twin superchargers, and twin nitrous setups on twin engines and throw it in your truck, if thats what your dream is then go for it! I won't judge any more than I will if your dream truck is a nice, subdued, tastefuly done "juuuust enough", I'll be out there wrenchin' on either one...

-John

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Lol I don't offroad anymore. Nowhere around here to even legally offroad.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

If you read my initial description, I said I wanted my dream truck to have a maximum of 4" ground clearance, the same ground clearance most Supercars have. That's not exactly something you're going to take wheeling. I have absolutely zero interest in wheeling.

For me, taking something that wasn't designed to go fast, such as a pickup truck, and making it go faster than it was ever intended to go is so much more fun than making something that was designed to go fast go fast.

When I want something to go fast without a challenge, I'll pickup a sport bike.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
I'd love to enter my K5 in the power brake bracket class at the local drag strip. Would be fun as hell!

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya there man, here in Oregon we used to enjoy epic offroading oppertunity but lately the woods have been getting closed down, suposedly because of offroaders tearing **** up but who knows. As of right this second I couldn't tell you one place that would be legal to offroad except private property or the dunes. My Dad went up to some 4X4 "party" that he heard about that was taking place up in the hills behind where he lived. He said they were flat destroying everything, running down small trees(a HUGE no-no in logging country), shredding the fields, digging huge ruts everywhere, just going nuts. I guess all it takes is a few(hundred) ******** to ruin it for the rest of us! Best thing to do around here is join a 4x4 club, those guys are able to get landowners to open up to some responsible offroading...may be some in your area.

-John

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

Exactly. Around here, the only places to off road are on your own property or that of a friend. I own a whole 1/4 acre with 3 buildings on it. That's not even enough room to have fun with a dirt bike.

In fact, there's one piece of public land in my entire state that allows dirk bike riding. I've been over those trails so many times that it just isn't fun anymore.

Find me a road with lots of twists and turns and I'll have so much more fun

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"When I want something to go fast without a challenge, I'll pickup a sport bike. "

Truer words have never been spoken lmfao

-John

gotblazers

Reaction score

:yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky:

we'll lets just agree to disagree on this as this is all a matter of opinion and arguments like this have been goin on since trucks were made and will be until trucks are gone and then again in the history books.

Wheelin trucks vs street trucks

p.s why hasnt anyone commented on my ''12 bolt front axle post'' it was a joke figuring the first guy would call bs but its got over 50 views and noones called me on it yet. come on now

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at that and went....hmmmmmmm, do I really want to get into this......? I just had a kid wanting to trade for my xtra short-wide box. I told him to get me a divorced 205 transfercase and we'd talk. "They never made a divorced 205"

.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I didn't know you were joking or I probly woulda' played lol

-John

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I guess we have it lucky here for now, there is tons of public offroading areas, gasline right-of-ways, old coal strip sites, wagon trails that go out in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure eventually they will go away but it's all fun now.

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
I think all the off roading vs. street should be split into another thread. Especially since I strongly feel a "street truck" is not even a truck anymore. Gross. This debate/argument/conversation should be elsewhere, not in my thread.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
So the only way a truck is a truck is if it is intended to go off road? LMFAO!

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
It loses its "truck" title the second it gets lower than stock ride-height. And then I throw up. But these are just opinions, obviously no one is right here.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I figure it loses its truck title when you can no longer carry stuff in the bed. If it's bagged and has an exposed notch, it's pointless. If the notch is covered, it's alright. Rather have a level bed floor, however.

With the exception of when I put my S10 on a trailer, I refuse to load my trucks up to the point that they squat in the back. That's why I don't see dropping resulting in a reduced cargo capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB