What is your daily if not square body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I LOVE em BOTH!!! i had an 87 celebrity wagon as my first car... GREAT cars! Always liked that gen camaro too, your celeb is sexy!

I've got a wagon too (and several sedans, lol) but I've had to use it as a parts car because I can't get a title for it.

OzarkRunner

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500
Engine Size
Here's mine - 2008 4Runner, V8, Fox coilovers in the front, fox shocks and lift springs in the rear, TRD Pro knock-off wheels, Rigid LEDs in the lower grill, and some other stuff. I actually drive the burb most days, though I love both vehicles dearly.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've got a wagon too (and several sedans, lol) but I've had to use it as a parts car because I can't get a title for it.
Sometimes we need to see what can do in OK and it's worth the time and expense. I can get title to any damn thing in OK so long as it's not reported stolen, and it had a lien on it, the lienholder either signs off or doesn't respond by certified mail after 30 days of certified notification. That Kia I brought from Cali, was 7 years out of date, in my cousin's name who had dimentia and Alzheimers and was not of sound mind and it had a leinholder on it. Cost me $132.50 for a judge to sign over to me, Then another $135 in excise tax, annual tag and title fee. All mine for under $270 and now I have a good clean green OK title with my name and my daughters name on it in the event I croak, I have 1 of my kids on all my vehicles titles.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, our rules are asinine. It's all a typical NY money grab. If you really want to know, here's the logic (not):

Commercial vehicles are not allowed on Parkways. Parkways are mostly a Long Island thing (Long interesting story how that is. But too long for here) but unfortunately they are most of our major freeways. Recently, they changed the law to allow pickup trucks under 6,000 net to use passenger plates, so they could go on parkways. Prior to that a pickup needed a cap and rear seats to be considered a passenger vehicle otherwise it carried commercial plates. (And I HATE caps.)

So far so good, the square is just under 6000 lbs net. BUT! It's owned by a corporation, so by law MUST be registered commercial regardless of curb weight, cap or seats. It also gets whacked double for tolls because being "commercial" it's registered weight is now GVW instead of net which exceeds the 7000 lb maximum on bridges and tunnels so they charge per axle.

Makes perfect sense, right?

The TDI is a '98. Not one of the cheaters. Frankly I'd love to have one of the cheaters, they had 50% more HP and still got great mileage. A friend in Maine told me the dealers were fixing the bought-back ones and putting them on the lot. Seems the mileage doesn't suffer that much so they're still desirable. I'm tempted to get one and keep it on ice in case of emergency.

NO, it makes no f'n sense at all !!!

Yep, the cheaters are the later model stuff, much more current than the older TDI's. I don't really care about hp in an mpg commuter car. So long as it's got enough power to get on the freeway safely, I don't give a rats ass how fast it is. IIRC, my 08 Corrola was only a 95 or maybe 105hp car and being a gear shifter car and light weight, it was a fun driver and had plenty of pep. Now my buddy who had the same car in an auto trans, lost 5mpg compared to my shifter car, and I spanked the living dog **** outta him every time we raced horseing around leaving work. Yep, the newer one still did good on mpg in the low 40's and even bumped mid 40's at times but they never got into the low 50's like the older TDI's did.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I might have to convince the wife to sell the e320 wagon so I could get the 1965 original shape catalina if price is right. Would be a nice daily. Can't have them all unfortunately

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
My daily has been a 97 Ford Ranger (SHUT UP!) 2.3L 5speed. I bought it new in 98 and it has 178,000 miles on it. Still running the original clutch and it is still straight. After nearly 20 years of commercial driving, a clutch just doesn't appeal to me any more. Last June I bought a 96 Nissan Pathfinder with auto and 4wd. I paid $300 for it and it was puking trans fluid. My son, with a little help from a friends, pulled the trans and and replaced the input seal and the thing runs like new. That has been my daily for 2 months now and I love it. Mileage sucks compared to the Ranger, but it is more comfortable and it's auto.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

I choose from these 2

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Starting in 1999 there were 3 different body options, convertibles, coupes which all had targa tops and the FRC which was a “fixed roof coupe” , a hardtop that followed the convertible roof line and 2 years later became the exclusive body style of the Z06.

I was referring to the blurry picture of the furry thing that I couldnt tell what it was.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
My daily is a 99 yukon 4wd with the barn doors.

Everything is stock except seat covers and all terrain tires.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have to convince the wife to sell the e320 wagon so I could get the 1965 original shape catalina if price is right. Would be a nice daily. Can't have them all unfortunately

If it’s as good as the picture, you had better get to the convincing part.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the blurry picture of the furry thing that I couldnt tell what it was.
Gotcha, just some people including Corvette owners think frc just stands for fuel rail covers, which it does. I was wondering about the furry thing too for a while.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

WHOA DAMN !!! :manos: Yeah, you need give her the GMSB Wife Treatement, you know, "The Licke'r where she poops" and "Tongue Punch'r Fart Box" and get her on board with that deal and the 389cu in and Turbo 400 powertrain.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Look at this @RetroC10Sport

79ramp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
My DD is a '95 XJ, with a straight-6 and 5-speed. I always get flak from my buddy that my 'practical' vehicle is a lifted Jeep.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHOA DAMN !!! :manos: Yeah, you need give her the GMSB Wife Treatement, you know, "The Licke'r where she poops" and "Tongue Punch'r Fart Box" and get her on board with that deal and the 389cu in and Turbo 400 powertrain.

I’m getting a visual here! Does that work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narr