What filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi, truck has no fuel filter so im puttig an inline one in between the fuel pump and carb, what would you recommend?
Found a good 40 micron one, russel preformace (on summit), should i be looking for something like a 10 micron or is that good?
Has edelbrock carb, 4 barrel 600cfm, everyone says edelbrocks are very sensitive to dirty fuel, so what should i get?
Thanks!

Joe383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I always get the cheep clear filters thy have at the auto part store. I don't know how many micron they are but I like them.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi, truck has no fuel filter so im puttig an inline one in between the fuel pump and carb, what would you recommend?
Found a good 40 micron one, russel preformace (on summit), should i be looking for something like a 10 micron or is that good?
Has edelbrock carb, 4 barrel 600cfm, everyone says edelbrocks are very sensitive to dirty fuel, so what should i get?
Thanks!

just get your everyday metal filter. if you have that much crap coming into your carb you need to clean your tank and replace the sock.

ryan.johnson

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 lwb
Engine Size

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Consider the size of the element before purchase. It's easy to forget about fuel filters during routine service and more media allows for a longer service life. I would also stay clear of filters that don't state the micron size. If a company produced a filter that was good to 5 microns they would make it a point to advertise that. On the other hand, if a company produced crap filters *coughframcough* they wouldn't be so quick to list that information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80