What am I missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
Hi all-
New to the forum and squarebody GM trucks. I've always love the 80's suburbans. The other day, o finally got a 1986 half ton with the 350. It's a California car, so emissions have to be met. The car had a blown head gasket, so I didn't do a very thorough inspection under the hood. However, when the tow truck driver dropped it off, I looked it over and noticed the choke plate is missing! I took a pic, and I'm wondering if anything else looks like it's missing as well. I'm a forklift mechanic by trade, and I've rebuild a couple carbs (a two barrel varajet and a thermo quad). I'm just not familiar enough with these to identify missing components. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Mike

Attachments

• 20160428_195210.jpg
    20160428_195210.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 91

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB, and Thanks for your Service to USA !!!

So you've got to get this thing to pass before you can even change title to your name right? So are you going to replace the head gasket before inspection I hope?

Obviously you have the CCC (Computer Command Control) Carb being that it has the A/F mixture solenoid in the carb. That's not a cheap carb. You're pic is cut off, but is there also a plug near the accelerator pump? That'll be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005