Well, Here We Go!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Serdmann865

Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Brothers, Classic Industries, LMC will be your friend. When you have some time, check them out, you will learn lots just by perusing there respective catalogs. I am not a body man, and I used to think it was impossible, but if I can do it, (you're mechanical) so can you. Especially cool that your girl is on board. Welcome from the Cascade foothills in WA St.
Have already begun dreaming on those sites! This weekend we begin disassembly. Want to get down to a rolling chassis and have it take in for sandblasting, cleaning, and overall repair. Can't have a nice truck without a solid base! I appreciate the encouragement!

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Sick em' Skip....Champing at the bit to start myself, bunch of parts already shipped. Have you started a build thread? If not, take tons of pictures for your own documentation, and share a few with us. My cab is much worse then yours, but the rest of the truck is not to bad....except r/l front fender, cab...well the bed ain't bad!

Last edited:

Serdmann865

Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sick em' Skip....Champing at the bit to start myself, bunch of parts already shipped. Have you started a build thread? If not, take tons of pictures for your own documentation, and share a few with us. My cab is much worse then yours, but the rest of the truck is not to bad....except r/l front fender, cab...well the bed ain't bad!
Only a limited number of hours to work on this during the winter but I have managed to take the grill, headlights, inner wheel wells off. Bumpers will be off this weekend. Started on that last weekend and got frustrated with all of the bolts snapping so I stopped. I will just grind them off this weekend. The nice thing about a project like this, I am in no hurry and can do what I want, when I want. The Mrs. is in no hurry either so until she gets antsy, it's part by part.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
$1200 is a good price for a running K10 these days. In my area of Tn, you would likely double or triple your money flipping it.

RaisedK5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Looks like a good starting point. Welcome to the "club". I really dig that siphon bulb in the fuel line. These trucks are pretty simple. Should be relatively easy to un-******* the jerry-rigging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef