Well, Here We Go!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Serdmann865

Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello all! This weekend the wife and I bought a BEAST of a project truck. 1982 Chevy K10 short bed. It is in very rough shape...very rough! She loves the style and I was looking for something to tinker on so there ya go. We paid 1200 for it. Everyone thought is was a good price. By the looks of everything, it is all original except for the engine. I believe it originally came with the 305 V8 but it had a crate 350 dropped in. Previous owner jerry-rigged EVERYTHING. Ignition uses a cable clamp on top of the column, headlights are hardwired to the battery, wipers have a toggle switch, on and on.

I will be posting updates here to see what happens. We are having it towed home this afternoon due to a bad brake caliber. I will post some "coming home" pics later on. I am hoping to have the brakes done this week so we can drive it once in awhile while we are working on it. I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions since I know very little about body repair...the mechanicals I got though :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Brothers, Classic Industries, LMC will be your friend. When you have some time, check them out, you will learn lots just by perusing there respective catalogs. I am not a body man, and I used to think it was impossible, but if I can do it, (you're mechanical) so can you. Especially cool that your girl is on board. Welcome from the Cascade foothills in WA St.

Carbie

Reaction score
First Name
Carbie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome from northern California, that's Eureka California.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Welcome from the Motor City… Thanks for rescuing another one.
A lot of knowledge and experience here to help with your project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe