weird noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
At the dealer, we used the long zip ties on the driveshaft ofone of the service writers cars. 3 of the big heavy duty long ones, clocked 120° apart. We all about fell over laughing when he pulled out at the end of the day.

1980Spartan

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
This might sound odd, but I had a rattle that I couldn't figure out for a bit. Seemed to come and go while driving and came from behind the cab. It was driving me crazy. Turned out the truck didn't have the spare up under the bed and the spare hanger was clanging periodically. It was pretty random and something I never would have really thought about until I crawled under and hit the hanger with my shoulder while inspecting everything I could under the bed... the hanger clanged. I put the spare up under and haven't heard it since.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
I read about a guy who finally found the rattle in his truck - he had to cut his drive shaft apart and there was a note inside a 1/2 nut that congradulated him on finding it. I guess it was some (about to be laid off) GM worker that did it

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I read about a guy who finally found the rattle in his truck - he had to cut his drive shaft apart and there was a note inside a 1/2 nut that congradulated him on finding it. I guess it was some (about to be laid off) GM worker that did it
Thats ****** up lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224