How to deal with that snoring noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhotonFanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wilhelm
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Maybe you've heard the noise I'm referring to at some point. The best way to describe the sound, is a light snoring noise when you press the gas. It's easiest to hear at lower speeds, when other things are quiet. Your first thought might be that it's the AC blower motor. I've determined that this is the fuel lines rubbing up against the cab. My buddy's blazer had the same problem.

I have fixed it before, but the fuel lines finally rubbed through the fix. The fix was putting Dynamat between the fuel lines, and the cab. So now the snoring noise is back. Not sure what else is safe to put between the fuel lines, and the cab. Only thing I can think of is a piece of wood. Given that they're fuel lines, it seems like the material is important. Anyone else ever had this problem and fixed it?

This guy's laugh from about 0:04 to 0:08 would also describe the noise.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
C PAP machine?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
split rubber hose? In sections if needed.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I guess I deleted the pictures when I rewired the starter. I took some old spark plug wire header boots to slip over the wires to protect them from header heat melting them. You could slide them on where it rubs and secure with hose clamps or zip ties. They're made of tuff material and would last longer. Just an idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe