we need a mud bog forum page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
All the guys with the big horse motors from down home in Florida are running ags and the bogs they are in are super deep. You either have to be to turn them fast enough to keep them cleaned out and digging or run boggers with lots of motor and stay on top of the slop.

johnmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 10
Engine Size
305 tuneport injected
crazy do you know how to figure out the over drive for running big tires on the back and small tires on front? what is there a chart and what works the best. I hear of guys doing it.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205

HAHAI wish there was a way to save data but it is a java page, when you share the URL it is blank. Only way to do it is screenshot.

4.11s front with 36s and 4.56s rear with 40s match. I figure the same gears with 38s front and 42 rear would work too. Do you plan on running 4-Lo or 4-Hi?

TheBigTater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My .02 on AG tires... A lot of guys run em back home at Jones' swamp, but their trucks seem to sink like bricks in the deep bogs. I saw some super wide AG tires on a big trailer of some kind as I was passing the tractor dealer the other day. Prolly 3 feet wide with about a 3.5-4 inch tread depth. I'm a big fan of running wide, cut boggers personally, that's what I always ran on my Jeep and with 33's or 35's I could go where trucks on 38's-44's were going. But I do drive like a maniac so take that with a grain of salt I guess lol. Driver skill seems to play a bigger role than vehicle setup once you get to a certain point I guess.

TheBigTater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, that's some good wheelin!:driver::party36:

I'm from P'cola originally...miss it sometimes. My dad lives in Eufaula, so I get back down there from time to time. I spent a lot of time wheelin the range over by Hurlburt field too...lots of fun to be had out there!

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Ive lived in both Mobile and Pcola. "Back in the day", a friend and I used to run the fairground mud boggs and wheel jones swamp a ton.

Now I'm back in Mobile and it's tough to find legal wheeling spots now. It seems like its going to be off road parks or nothing.

TheBigTater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive lived in both Mobile and Pcola. "Back in the day", a friend and I used to run the fairground mud boggs and wheel jones swamp a ton.

Now I'm back in Mobile and it's tough to find legal wheeling spots now. It seems like its going to be off road parks or nothing.

Same up here in WA...it is all Sierra Club territory up here. I'm looking into buying about 40 acres so I can build my own bog. They have a couple mud boggs around here, but I like to drink and wheel so the backyard is probably better for me :grd:

johnmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 10
Engine Size
305 tuneport injected
Went up to the mud runs this weekend with my buddy drove his new to him 83 chevy with a 97 6.5 up there to run it and we got there late pits where full.
Long story
poor kid 20 years old saves him money for 2 months to buy this truck gets it 2 weeks ago . finds a set of gumbo 35 inch tires . Buys them the night before the mud run.He drove south 1 1/2 hrs to get them . Then sets his gps for 4 hrs north to vermont. He and his buddies had a camp site close to the track. He made it 3 hrs north the 6.5 dies. he got it started then the cops pull up behind him. They think he is on something or drunk . Poor kid is a little slow but a great kid . what does the cop see? Afull case of beer in the truck. The cop aressts him tows the truck @ 12 am. locks him up . His mother had to drive 2 hrs north to get him and back to bail him out at 5:30 am I call him at 7 am and said lets go get the truck . 350.00 impound and tow fee. then we drove to the track 1 hr north . Then the pits where full. we where sad.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
WTF did he get arrested for? Because there was a case of beer in the truck? There's nothing wrong with that unless there's an open container.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
There may be a situation where transporting across state lines can be illegal, depends on the state.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It could be because he is under 21, alot of dudes I went to school with just kept beer under the hood. ****** none the less, that sucks man.

johnmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 10
Engine Size
305 tuneport injected
under age of 21. The cop could have just took the beer and gave him a heavy fine. now he has a cort date to go back to . it will cost him prob over 2 k to get out of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko