Wanted: Western rust free 87-91 Crew cab SRW 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Hey guys,

Well I'm finally at a point where I'm ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a 87 or newer CC. Looking for a running, fuel injected, SRW, 2wd. Doesn't have to be perfect (how many are?...) but must be rust free and drive-able. So that means probably something from AZ or CA but doesn't matter really. I can live with it needing a few things done to it, but the wife says it needs to be drive-able (she doesn't want me having another project lol :cheers:). Also needs to be able to be shipped. I'm in Indiana. If any of you guys know someone looking to sell a decent truck, let me know!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
2wd will be easier to find compared to 4wd. Even easier to find will be 2wd duallies. I know you can convert the but you'll need a bed a different axle to start.

I wish I could settle with a 2wd and be in your boat. Also try search tempest. It will search craigslist nationwide. Expand your results to 3000 miles, then click show all....and hold on. It will open about 30 windows. Close each one when your done. Once you get used to it, you'll be able to go through them all in a couple of minutes.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Last edited:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
2wd will be easier to find compared to 4wd. Even easier to find will be 2wd duallies. I know you can convert the but you'll need a bed a different axle to start.

I wish I could settle with a 2wd and be in your boat. Also try search tempest. It will search craigslist nationwide. Expand your results to 3000 miles, then click show all....and hold on. It will open about 30 windows. Close each one when your done. Once you get used to it, you'll be able to go through them all in a couple of minutes.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

That's what I did to find the links above. I tried to look in places that were more snowless because I know he wants a rust free truck. There's one in Montana, I think, that has some rust but doesn't look too bad. The rest are pretty rust free. Here's how I stylized my searches:

"198* crew cab"
"1990 crew cab"
"1991 crew cab"

Then I looked through all the makes and models of trucks and plucked out the listings that had Chevy/GMC, SRW, 87-91, crew cab trucks. It's a narrow criteria, but there are some nice ones in there. I didn't find a 1991. I did this for someone else earlier, and like I told them, I might have missed a few dingleball listings that the poster didn't see fit to include that it was a crew cab, but there are some nice specimens in here, and I feel like I was pretty thorough in doing it.

Last edited:

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Wow thanks guys. I hadn't looked at searchtempest for a while since they redid it. I've been searching craigslist the old fashioned way and it was taking way too long and not getting as far as some of these listings.

I've seen a few of those and am still looking. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum had one or knew of someone. I'd feel more comfortable dealing with someone from here or someone from here that knows someone selling. Never know what you're gonna get when dealing with craigslist... :whymewhyme:

Yea I'm looking for a 2wd since they're cheaper and easier to find. It's gonna be my DD and with 3 kids, so it needs a back seat. I have my 79 square for winter stuff so there's really no need to have a 4x4. Plus I'd like to keep it as rust free as possible (EXTREMELY hard to do in the rust belt) so I'll just be storing it for the winters.

This will be my 4th baby :cheers:

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Got a cousin out in Vancouver, Washington that's helping me look, so if anyone out that way knows of one, let me know. Thanks!