VSS Speedo in Squarebodies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I assume Retro knows this info, and probably SkySurfer too.
Onleluckypops is wanting to put a 4L80-E and a Vortec 350 in a Square. He looked up in LMC Catalog for a VSS, and it says its available for 85-87 4x4 trucks with Auto trans. I told him LMC is wrong.

Any input on what years he should be looking for a sensor and Speedo would be great.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
1990-91 on the speedo...

The VSS is used from 1988-2008 on many RWD GMs.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
1990-91 on the speedo...

The VSS is used from 1988-2008 on many RWD GMs.

I am not as hip on this old stuff as alot of you all so I presume your talking 90-91 fullsize blazer?

If its a full size blazer is the speedometer a direct fit into the cluster of the 73-87 chevys?
I cant seem to locate even a picture of it. any help

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I am not as hip on this old stuff as alot of you all so I presume your talking 90-91 fullsize blazer?

If its a full size blazer is the speedometer a direct fit into the cluster of the 73-87 chevys?
I cant seem to locate even a picture of it. any help

1990-91 Blazer; Jimmy; Suburban; Crewcab. :waytogo: And it's a direct fit.

Here's a pic from my junkyard run thread, I have one of these sitting on my shelf.

attachment.php

attachment.php

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
1990-91 Blazer; Jimmy; Suburban; Crewcab. :waytogo: And it's a direct fit.

Here's a pic from my junkyard run thread, I have one of these sitting on my shelf.

attachment.php

attachment.php

dont suppose you would be interested in seslling would you?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Possible...Since I don't have an SB to put it in yet...:(

One of my mods depends on an electric speedo but it's not hard to find one down here. Finding a tach cluster though.......

Shoot me an offer. :waytogo:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
hell i dont know what its worth. To be honest I hate pricing other peoples stuff shoot me a price and maybe we can work something out.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hell i dont know what its worth. To be honest I hate pricing other peoples stuff shoot me a price and maybe we can work something out.

I"ll sure back him up on that statement. I been trying to buy a truck from him going on 2 damn years now and he hasn't suggested a price yet. ****** !!! :flipthebird:

And now I'm broke as hell. He has a rust bucket part truck I want to buy for the manual trans with Tcase and clutch and brake pedals and other parts.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I"ll sure back him up on that statement. I been trying to buy a truck from him going on 2 damn years now and he hasn't suggested a price yet. ****** !!! :flipthebird: QUOTE]

LMAO alright ****** hows a grand sound

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I"ll sure back him up on that statement. I been trying to buy a truck from him going on 2 damn years now and he hasn't suggested a price yet. ****** !!! :flipthebird: QUOTE]

LMAO alright ****** hows a grand sound

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: At that price those roof shingles must be included too. And now I'm broke.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Isn't $1000.00 about what you have invested in your entire fleet?

More like $850 unless you include the latest purchase of the 85 K1500 with a new crate motor needing a trans rebuild that I broke my limit and spent way more than I usually do at $500. So all total $1350, but with parts I have sold that I did not use, probably more like $500 for all it with many parts left to sale after consolidating the 7 squares into 5. They'll all be FREE trucks by the time I am done consildating. Then the money comes in when its time for restoration.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
More like $850 unless you include the latest purchase of the 85 K1500 with a new crate motor needing a trans rebuild that I broke my limit and spent way more than I usually do at $500. So all total $1350, but with parts I have sold that I did not use, probably more like $500 for all it with many parts left to sale after consolidating the 7 squares into 5. They'll all be FREE trucks by the time I am done consildating. Then the money comes in when its time for restoration.

You keep prolonging it and its gonna have the vortec, E trans in it and you KNOW what the price will be then. lol

After talking with retro the ONLY thing that I was concerned about is solved so as soon as the money comes to rebuild the vortec I have its going in ole blue, UNLESS you can find me an 85-87 K20.
You know me and wiring I already have a few different harnesses that are waiting to be modified for the swap and the VCM is waiting to be programed for which ever Trans I decide to use. You dont need no "stand alone controller for either the motor or trans, Or atleast I dont already got all the pin out s of the VCM connectors figured out for which wires stay, move, and delete.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky