Under the Sheets. Supra MK3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
So its time to work on the car under the sheets in the shop. Oddly enough its red aswell like my daughters. Last time running was in 2020. Last time actually drove was roughly 9 years ago. I'm a sucker for pain lol. Least this one was store indoors most its life. All original aswell and 143 km

Same as the daughters car. All fluids belts and tires. Theres a few pieces of trim to go on around the windshield and figure out why the targa top leaks. I really need to get this one done swiftly so I can work on the suburban and not worry about scratching it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
I had a 91 Cressida with the 7M-GE. Great car, wish I wouldn't have sold it. 220k miles and 30 years old and the only thing that didn't work was the lab belt tab that kept it in place when unbuckled... I let it overheat and blew the head gasket, then debated doing a GTE conversion, or an LS swap, but time, money, and room all played a part and I sold it.

That classic Toyota engineering is pretty awesome. Enjoy it!

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Looks like a fun car to drive. Stick?
Unfortunately its a automatic. If it were stick I probably be worth alot more too.

I got the struts all off last night and power steering rack is leaking. I'm having a hard time finding parts for this car that aren't a arm and leg. Rolling the dice on struts from amazon for 600 bucks. Compared to over 1200 bucks for super fancy ones. I plan on lowering it about a inch or so. And if the struts are good I may try a set on the kids civic when they go.

The rack is available no where. I found some reseal kits and thats kinda way its looking like the way I'm gonna have to go. It had a high pressure line leak but after looking at it the passenger side ram is leaking. And I'm pretty sure its got power assistance. Pretty fancy for 90s car.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I haven't seen one of those cars in years. When I worked at the shop, there was a regular customer that had one. It was dark blue with a blue interior, also an automatic. Very clean. I had driven it a bunch, but I honestly don't remember much about how it ran and drove. Been gone from the shop for 11? years now... so that's how long it's been since I've seen one.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Going to do head gaskets on this on this in the near future

Attachments

• 20240502_192441.jpg
    20240502_192441.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 6

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
I bought a 86 1/2 non turbo 5 speed theft recovered supra in '88. To this day that was my favorite car of all time. Smooth, powerful and great style. Black with tan leather interior. I wish I still had that car.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size

Got a pile of fluids all changed out. Man I will say the brake fluid was nasty.

Struts came in a week early so didn't waste anytime installing them. I also lowered the car about a inch and half. Looks alot nicer now

Next up was getting the front black valance reinstalled. Well I will say there was alot of bent parts there and a pile of bolts and plastic clips that was involved to get all the pieces out and straightened. There was four more then whats in the picture I have to tweek. 3 hours later. There nice and straight and ready to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB