Turn signal lever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country705

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John(Country)
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8
As you guys already know my wife bought me a 1983 Chevy C10. Now I am starting to fix the truck and make it my own, however there are a couple quirky things that are needing my attention before I get in to deep. First thing is first The turn signal lever is broke off from the steering column. Now problem this presents is the fact that I have never seen another lever like this. The lever has a provision for cruise control however it doesn't have one for the windshield wiper as the control for the wipers is located in the dash. I have looked on eBay, LMC. I stopped at three of the local chains such as auto zone, advanced and all of which said they didn't even show this part in their catalog. Is it possible this was a aftermarket part? maybe a dealer installed option?
Here is a picture of what I am talking about. The lever is completely broken loose from the steering column and it is hangin by a one wire that is still connected but the other two are cut into?
You must be registered for see images attach

The big question I have is can I just put a turn signal lever like the chrome set from LMC or a stock replacement without cruise control built in so that I can have turn signals?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
That's the stock lever. But yes, you can put in a standard lever from 1973-83 in yours.

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That's the stock lever. But yes, you can put in a standard lever from 1973-83 in yours.

Did the 83s have the windshield wiper switch on the dash like the 82s?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Check these guys.

http://www.steeringcolumnservices.com/gm-buick-cadillac-chevrolet-oldsmobile-pontiac/switches.php

Or if you aren't married to the CC feature, you can get a:

14005066 - 1971-83 WITHOUT CRUISE CONTROLTURN SIGNAL LEVER
Replace your missing or damaged turn signal lever with this quality reproduction and improve the appearance of your interior.

Fits 1973-83 Pickup, Blazer, Jimmy and Suburbans models

http://www.classicindustries.com/1983/truck/parts/14005066.html

Classic: $ 18.99 ea

Attachments

• 14005066.jpg
    14005066.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That does NOT look like a stock lever to me. That looks like an aftermarket cruise control add on lever to me. :shrug: What Chegny posted is what I'd have expected to see. You can swap the lever just fine, but you will have to pull the steering wheel. All my trucks are 84 and later with Multifunction Switches or I'd have a lever for. Sorry.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Raylanr has an extra column for his 1973 and it has a cruise lever just like that. Truck was an original cruise equipped truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've sure never seen one like that in an 80's truck. That's an 80's steering wheel for sure.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yeah, we got the column from a 1982 Blazer.

Here we go, bottom left center.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I see the pic. What year truck is that? Obviously 81 or higher with the headlight, and it appears to be 81 or 82 by the front bumper.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
my 83 has the lever pictured (brochure). My wiper switch is on the dash.

Denvernic

Reaction score
First Name
Denver
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350TBI
have you tried checking at a salvage yard for one might be able to find what you need there.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
As you guys already know my wife bought me a 1983 Chevy C10. Now I am starting to fix the truck and make it my own, however there are a couple quirky things that are needing my attention before I get in to deep. First thing is first The turn signal lever is broke off from the steering column. Now problem this presents is the fact that I have never seen another lever like this. The lever has a provision for cruise control however it doesn't have one for the windshield wiper as the control for the wipers is located in the dash. I have looked on eBay, LMC. I stopped at three of the local chains such as auto zone, advanced and all of which said they didn't even show this part in their catalog. Is it possible this was a aftermarket part? maybe a dealer installed option?
Here is a picture of what I am talking about. The lever is completely broken loose from the steering column and it is hangin by a one wire that is still connected but the other two are cut into?

The big question I have is can I just put a turn signal lever like the chrome set from LMC or a stock replacement without cruise control built in so that I can have turn signals?

Any luck with this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad