Turn Signal/Hazard Indicators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peter coppola

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
Hello,

I was restoring my instrument cluster (cleaning the clear shield, painted dials) and I tried to switch all bubs to LEDs. I was careful to get the polarity right. My truck is the low level C10 step. It has lights for oil/temp/brake/gen.

I got the instrument illumination lights and high beam indicator to work on LEDS. I had to switch the GEN light back to std 194 bulb. I also put the seat light bulb back to std 194 bulb. They both come on when the ignition sequence starts

It seams the other three indicator lights (oil/temp/brake) are not coming when ignition sequence starts. Do these needs to be std 194 bulbs?

As a separate issue, my turn signals and hazards work fine at all four corners but the the dash indicators do not illuminate. I switched back from LED to std 194 bulb but they are still not working proper. The turn indicators on the dash do not come one when the turn signal lights are actuated, but they will come on when I depress the hazard switch and I actuate the turn signal.

My truck is a three speed manual. It has the clutch starter cutoff and that works. Not sure that reverse light switch is hooked up.

My big issue right now is the lack of turn signal indication on the dash cluster. It was working before (one bulb burned out) before I disassembled the dash. And I temporarily assembled and turn indicators were working with LEDS but now not even with regular 194 bulbs.

Any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare