Truck runs rough, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
so when it is sitting there just turning over and not starting, does it do anything at all besides just crank over?? like any popping spitting sputtering etc? Also, when was the last time you changed the oil? any kind of metal shavings in it? Also, do you have decent fuel pressure? Not sure what Holleys like, but any chance you could put a gauge in the fuel line to see what kinda pressure you have?

Cheyenne1257

Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/5.7L
I've read every single comment since the start and my best guess would be

Make sure your firing order is correct

Check your valves. I just did a head gasket replacement and valves that aren't adjusted properly will kill the engine oh so easily

Make sure you don't have a leak through your intake or carb gaskets. That can cause some real damage you wouldn't know about, and make sure the vacuum advance hose from your distributor to your carb isn't messed up at all

Make sure everything from the battery terminal all the way to your starter and ground are good. Any corrosion can make electricity delivery difficult and some of the spark plugs may not get good spark because of it (making it run rough)

Make sure your exhaust is good and straight. Not enough back pressure can mess up your timing and you cant fix it unless you get the back pressure back

That's my best guesses. Hopefully you're not getting any blow by

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man