Transmission rebuilding tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
It is not just 1 video look at all of this guys videos on the 4L60E. there are like 10 of them.
I was contemplating doing a pictured tutorial or video but hell after I found this guys theres no need for me to do it.

I didnt know he other videos.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
HOLY **** i been watching some you tube videos on some DIY builders lol can anyone tell me how to embed a video on here? You all have to see these two morons rebuild a 4L60E.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ayBd5oDNI
Better yet heres the link to the video if anyone can embed this for us to see on here make sure you title it HOW NOT TO REBUILD A 4L60E that trans is prone to premature failure

Uhhh yeah, those guys are obvious idiots. But give them an E for effort. They seem pretty young and at least they have the guts to try. They will learn. Just that they will learn the hard way. And they bought an expensive TCI kit which is buying a name. I can get the same quality parts for much cheaper. I like how they got to the back and left the low/reverse piston in, and say, but we're not pulling it out cuz there is no seals back there. BS, there is 3 seals back there you dumb fuggers !!!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Uhhh yeah, those guys are obvious idiots. But give them an E for effort. They seem pretty young and at least they have the guts to try. They will learn. Just that they will learn the hard way. And they bought an expensive TCI kit which is buying a name. I can get the same quality parts for much cheaper. I like how they got to the back and left the low/reverse piston in, and say, but we're not pulling it out cuz there is no seals back there. BS, there is 3 seals back there you dumb fuggers !!!

I just about spit on my computer screen when i watched that part.
I also noticed a seal that were left completely out in the input drum.
I am not to sure about the fluid they chose to use either, unless the clutches were designed for that type fluid I would try it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes you ALWAYS soak the new clutches in the fluid you will be using.

Ok been playing around on youtube and I actually found some very well done videos from 1 person.

He actually goes into great detail about problem areas dis assembly, inspection, valve body, electrical testing, ect. ect. Oh yea and he shows you the properway to do clutch packs and shows you how test the clearences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpyzn4BxpU&feature=related

I'll agree. This guy is good. He's also quick and to the point. Very beneficial videos. I'll end up watching the rest of his video's.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Alot good info here on transmissions.

You get me and Pops in on a trans thread, that's bound to happen, and anything else anyone wants to add is also welcomed. :waytogo:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'm too stupid to contribute, so I will just watch and soak up what I can. :popcorn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm too stupid to contribute, so I will just watch and soak up what I can. :popcorn:

It's all good dawg !!! That's how you learn this ****. I firmly beleive, alot of working on vehicles is having the confience to do so. I beleive having confidence is 75% of the project. So if you can watch, look, listen and learn enough to gain the confidence you need to do it, then I'd say you have a good chance of being successful at whatever you're doing. Just keep in mind, we are not all created equal so that doens't always work. When I was younger, and watching the old timers do stuff, I was like a sponge and soaked up all I could, then read a little, then I'd go to the local Pull A Part and disect something just to see if I could do it. Once I knew I could do it, then I'd go home and tear into my own vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP