Train wreck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
"Windshield flopped off."
Ummm.. ahhhh ... That sounds alarming. Did it fly off the car while driving, like the headlight part you mentioned above?

My boss is on me to get a more reliable vehicle now that our shop moved 20 miles away. I gotta say I have a big crush on the W108/109 models. Right, my "more reliable" daily driver would be a 1972 280SE! And yet, I see them here in SoCal, on Craigslist, all the time. It looks like $12,000 could get you a heck of a lot of motorcar.

There was a gorgeous black one at the auto shop aroud the corner, last year, for ... months and months. I asked and they were waiting for a replacement window that was back ordered, FIVE MONTHS was the estimate to get it from GER. Then two very unpleasant looking short Armenian guys in their black Adidas track suits sort of materialized from somewhere to stare at me most beadily until I went away and stopped asking about customer's car.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Ummm.. ahhhh ... That sounds alarming. Did it fly off the car while driving, like the headlight part you mentioned above?

My boss is on me to get a more reliable vehicle now that our shop moved 20 miles away. I gotta say I have a big crush on the W108/109 models. Right, my "more reliable" daily driver would be a 1972 280SE! And yet, I see them here in SoCal, on Craigslist, all the time. It looks like $12,000 could get you a heck of a lot of motorcar.

There was a gorgeous black one at the auto shop aroud the corner, last year, for ... months and months. I asked and they were waiting for a replacement window that was back ordered, FIVE MONTHS was the estimate to get it from GER. Then two very unpleasant looking short Armenian guys in their black Adidas track suits sort of materialized from somewhere to stare at me most beadily until I went away and stopped asking about customer's car.
The trim was still holding the windshield down, but wind noise indicated that it was not sealed. Grabbed the bottom of it and it came right up once trim was removed. S class is still on my list to get at some point, but want to find swb w140 s600. If I can find a good priced one, w123 is also on the list.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Vacuum Pod for Center vent control is not working. For time being allen wrench can do it's job.
You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Anybody want to buy a 4.2l version of the v8? Will be pulling the motor out of the white one to sell

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Starts right up on a bottle. Drove in to the garage. Mostly keeping interior and some misc pieces. Engine needs to go unles I convince my self to keep it for swapping in to the stealth.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Sunroof not fun time.

And paint prep.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Barely made it on time to the shop. Had to make a little patch panel.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Does the sunroof assy unbolt and come out as a whole unit? I've had models that were welded in - others that just unbolted.
The whole assembly unbolts and drops down. But not before interior is stripped for headliner removal.

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You're a braver man than I.

I know enough about these cars to know you can get in really deep before you know it. Granted its a 500E, that's a huge help but if it's not done right they won't have much value.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Small steps. Changed the switch on the locks from the parts car. Also test fitted intake tube from earlier inline 6 car. I prefer the cleaner look and wll switch out the other one out as well. Mirrors and grille are on. Drilled and tapped the driver side mirror so could adjust it. Painter was supposed to paint the electric mirror, but he went for the wrong one. So just need to make it adjustable again.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
The rusty bucket is officially running and driving. Needed to test it out before pulling the motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood