Touch up on steel wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those Hankooks are old as dirt. The "Dynamic" name has been replaced by "DynaPro" at some point years ago. I have a set of the Dynapro MT's and they are fantastic tires.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know they are older than dirt and that was my biggest fear, they'd be coming apart on the freeway like those damn POS Firestones did that damaged the driver side bedside and the car behind me. I know it wasn't hot, but I had the K1500 loaded, and towing the trailer with the scrap truck on doing 65 and decided I better slooooowww down a bit just in case, but they did fine, didn't make any wierd noise, lose air pressure or anything. Traction seems to be good in the dirt and gravel at my dads too. There was one area my dad said, No way in hell I'd make it that I better wait for him and the tractor. Phhhfffftt. Walked right up towing the trailer even with the scrap on it. The last guy in a Dodge who tried, FAILED miserably, lost traction, slid backwards and about rolled his truck into the creek. So they can't be to bad.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Damn good job, check out "GT radial adventro mt's" Put a set on my wife's rodeo, she drives that thing every where, seen more road than offroad. their still not worn down much only about 750 a set of 4. Give or take, they make up to a 33/12.50/15.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
I must be spoiled, my buddy powder coats on the side and does an awesome job. I would just sandblast the wheels and have them powder coated.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I must be spoiled, my buddy powder coats on the side and does an awesome job. I would just sandblast the wheels and have them powder coated.

Uhh yeah, you're fuggin spoiled. :flipthebird: It's nice to have some buddies !!! Although for me, it always seems I'm the one that has plenty of buddies until I need something, then I have none. :shrug:

1986K5Wa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yeah if I knew someone who powder coats probably would have gone that route. But no buddies here...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78