TH700R4 manual lockup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisrothjr

Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
History:
So I've got a 1987 GMC V1500 with a crate 350 and a TH700R4 tranny. The truck came from the factory with a 305 TBI, the guy before me replaced both the engine and tranny in 2015.
I drive on the highway almost everyday so I'm looking to remove some strain from my engine.

Problem:
The new engine runs on a carb so the computer was removed long before I got it. Now I'm looking to set the lockup converter on a switch. I've done some research on how to run the wires but there's so many variations out there that I'm just looking for a straight answer.
I currently have Pin A on a 12V switch, Pin B and Pin D are grounded to the body. This set up did not work.

Has anyone successfully done this? If so please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
When I did my Nova I just used a toggle switch, I ran the positive wire to a switched source and the ground wire to the case, I put the toggle switch on the floor shifter on the positive wire, flip the switch anytime any gear any rpm, lock/unlock anytime you want. Just remember to unlock before you come to a stop,lol, just like throwing a manual in neutral at a stop..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04