Tell us about your first sqaurebody.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Before I ever owned my own my uncle had lent me his 77 c10 long bed for a few months while I was out of a vehicle. It had a transmission that was on its way out when I got it. You would have to let the transmission warm up in gear before it would move. The night that it decided to go out was the worst possible time ever. I was at my job which had a bar and after work sometimes we would get a few drinks after hours. This particular night a few turned into a few more and with impaired judgment I decided it was time to drive home.Well the forward gears went out completely again with impaired judgment I figured well I still have reverse. I proceeded to drive about 15 miles down the windiest road in town. Well I made it without any DUI's and safely. I was really smashed and when people asked how I managed to back it all that way in the dark (no headlights on the rear of the vehicle) I had to simply say I have no idea (alcohol erased my memory). There was only 2 parts that I did remember and that was fuzzy. First part I remembered was the one straight stretch the guy that was in front of me (going same direction) was giving me about a half mile berth (he must have figured I lost a bet or something) and was holding traffic, second, right by my house at the time was a stoplight I lived in at the time was probably the most frequented road by the police in town. There I was sitting there in reverse at the red light thinking if I get pulled over now I might be able to talk my way out of it (yeah right) by explaining I had just driven about 14 miles without incident and I think I could make it the last block safely. Needless to say no police came and I proceeded the final couple blocks home. Wow I am so lucky.

Ironically my first square (the big red one I still own) all forward gears went out in it too one time about 10 miles from home. I also drove it home in reverse figured if I could do it hammered sober should be no problem. It was but you should have seen the look on peoples face when they came up on me in that huge son of bitch backing up down the road, some people actually cheered. These are some of the deepest rooted memories I have. One more reason I trust Chevy's beyond all else although they had let me down to a point in all the years I have been driving chevy's I have never not made it hone.
Wow. We got to start calling you REE-Vurse. :roflbow:

bigchevytruckdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
3500,K10
Engine Size
Would totally fit!

:grd:I cant even say enough how dangerous the first road was. Windy as hell cliff on one side embankment on the other people wouldn't even believe me but some of my co workers saw me leaving work in reverse and there is no way you can make **** like this up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT