Brother inlaw's 93 s10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
So, this year me and my brother inlaw have been on the prowl for a suitable first vehicle for him.

He had worked hard and saved up like, a grand i think .

Maybe less i cant remember. But nonetheless he worked hard for it, and found himself a running and driving 4.3 s10 for under a grand. I had reall encouraged him to get a 4.3 powered one for well.... obvious reasons... look in the pics
Thats my first truck, thats ive modified into a 4x4 beast on 1 tons lol some of yall know it. Some maybe never have. I have a thread for it here.

Anyways, cameron found this s10 that the guys hit a damn deer with, it wouldnt hold water anymore, and they listed it for sale.

Me and cameron went and looked at it without a trailer, just about 30 minutes away. He liked it, i liked it because it had no rust, and it was a running and driving beater for under a grand.

Couple days later we brought the ol' burb and trailer, and took it with us for 700$ i think. Or maybe 800... i dunno.

I'l post more on this story as it progressed when i get more time. This is just yet another project thread thats happend since the last time i was active.
You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
So up next, he saved himself a little more or used what he had left over (again, dont remember) and we went junkyarding for parts from the damage the deer accident caused.

A nice, new to us fender, rad support, and back window for his truck.

The old window was missing the slider section entirely.

Not pictured, but at a later date, he got a bumper from another s10.

Grill he bought a new amazon repop in box.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Him and his buddy brought the power washer over and we had a chevrolet power washing party.
That day we had washed his buddy's sunbird ? It was a station wagon era sunbird. My trailblazer
My suburban
Wifes equinox
Camerons s10
My 79 c10
i'd share the pic but eh..... its got everyone parked in front of my house and im not ok with sharing that lol

It was a cool time, regardless.

That same day him and his buddy went thru all thr electrical shenanigans with the truck and got everything functional on it, including all of the turn signals and so forth

it was a birthday present for cameron

His buddy came over and power washed his truck, tried his best to detail it out, vacuum it, i helped scrub the tires and wheels and bumpers etc for him. The two of them fixed everything electrical with it here at my place with my tools and all that

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Im thinking his buddy actually texted me and asked what all camerons truck needed. He was wanting to come and install it all at my house as a surprise.

He picked up the front bumper, and misc interior stuff i dictated to him, as well as some lights, and the door handle im thinking.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
It still needs a few odds and ends, and cameron got to learn how to replace his own thermostat on it here recently at my house. It was sticking while him and his buddy were ripping burnouts in the field

I told them to quit ******* around before they blew it up!! I asked what the temp was and it was pegged. I think cameron was riding passenger and he demanded his buddy to turn the truck off, i just squeezed hoses until i figured out the thermostat was sticking.

That said, he did that by himself recently. I didnt take any pics sadly.

In the state its in now, i think he could tag it. Get it aligned asap, and enjoy it a little.
Those retards pounded on it and it didnt quit, and he understands from watching me that ill driver behavior resorts in expensive repairs (or beefier parts the next time you do it) so i suspect he'll likely baby it a while.

Hes working on getting his license currently.
I let him putt it around here. And in past have let him drive my burb and lumina around here. I think hes ready to drive !

I think the truck needs a headlight spring? An alignment? And it might be ready.
Seems to be ok. The 60e was full of stop slip and i called it out the hole when we laid our eyes in it first time.
I think i reduced the price from 1k to 7-800 because i identified to the owner they had put stop slip in the 60e

Either way, it smashes all 4 for now. Me and cam have drove it around where i live.

We shall see......

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
So, this year me and my brother inlaw have been on the prowl for a suitable first vehicle for him.

He had worked hard and saved up like, a grand i think .

Maybe less i cant remember. But nonetheless he worked hard for it, and found himself a running and driving 4.3 s10 for under a grand. I had reall encouraged him to get a 4.3 powered one for well.... obvious reasons... look in the pics
Thats my first truck, thats ive modified into a 4x4 beast on 1 tons lol some of yall know it. Some maybe never have. I have a thread for it here.

Anyways, cameron found this s10 that the guys hit a damn deer with, it wouldnt hold water anymore, and they listed it for sale.

Me and cameron went and looked at it without a trailer, just about 30 minutes away. He liked it, i liked it because it had no rust, and it was a running and driving beater for under a grand.

Couple days later we brought the ol' burb and trailer, and took it with us for 700$ i think. Or maybe 800... i dunno.

I'l post more on this story as it progressed when i get more time. This is just yet another project thread thats happend since the last time i was active.

Hey vince if he decides to toss that wheel trim im calling dibs!!!! Lol

BTW GOOD TO SEE YA BACK!!

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@Vbb199 we put together a 91 S10 from the boneyard, 0.030 over old style 327, 700R4, with the 3.73 rear axle in it. Was 4 cyl 5 speed to start. Lotsa' work, small amount of money, we had lots of help. My bride and I did most, but Uncle Tony(my boy) stepped up and did the body and paint. Some pics if I can load

Attachments

• 100_0002 (2).JPG
    100_0002 (2).JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_0004 (2).JPG
    100_0004 (2).JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230405_160803.jpg
    20230405_160803.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 23

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
@Vbb199 we put together a 91 S10 from the boneyard, 0.030 over old style 327, 700R4, with the 3.73 rear axle in it. Was 4 cyl 5 speed to start. Lotsa' work, small amount of money, we had lots of help. My bride and I did most, but Uncle Tony(my boy) stepped up and did the body and paint. Some pics if I can load

Sure does look mighty fine.

I think he wants to find another bed and me and him will either cut out the damage on his, or replace the entire bed, but the end goal i believe is to paint the entire thing

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Hey vince if he decides to toss that wheel trim im calling dibs!!!! Lol

BTW GOOD TO SEE YA BACK!!

I think he's wanting to spray bomb it all black. So perhaps I'll ask if we can take those off when the time arrives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005