Takin The square on a trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Well Memorial Day is here,Big thanks to all our VETS. Takin the truck to Eugene OR to see my Sweetie.Gonna pull a small aluminun fishin boat packed with all my buddies stuff.Just finished the rear diff w/373s and a new axle and bearings and seals tonite.The front still has the 273s and the REAL sloppy balljoints.Put the tach from the wagon in it and tried some hwy cruzin.@ 65 its @ 2300 rpm 4th gear in lockup.Got a sw on the dash so I can turn the tcc on and off as needed.If I get back next is the frt end.Will keep yall posted Have a safe and happy weekend and SALUTE To our Boys and Girls.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Drive safe dude! do you by chance drive a grey K10?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
First couple hundred miles I would stop every 100 and put your hand on the rear cover and see how hot it's getting if you haven't broke them in yet. I think it takes about 500 miles before they're considered broke in. Once you get where you're going it might be a good idea to check your pinion yoke and guesstimate backlash from the yoke. I know it's hard to do considering the few thousandths of slop you get from the spiders/sides/axleshaft splines.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hey Iman where ya been.Nah my rig is white.Wanna give me a hand when I do the frt diff? Still waitin for some salsa.. Yes I will keep an eye on the rear and will bring a fluid change kit with.Thanks for reminding me...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hey Iman where ya been.Nah my rig is white.Wanna give me a hand when I do the frt diff? Still waitin for some salsa.. Yes I will keep an eye on the rear and will bring a fluid change kit with.Thanks for reminding me...

My wife and I were at Pic-n-pull that one weekend you called, there was a really nice grey K10 in the parking lot so I thought it might have been your truck.

Yeah let me know when you want to do the front diff.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm just curious, who is your Sweetie? I'm guessing that is the name of the boat?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You must have some very very tiny tires on that truck, or your speedo is way off.
Here are some calculations for you.

28in Tire w/ 3.73 and .70 4th Gear OD locked up 2300rpm = 73.4 mph
31in Tire w/ 3.73 and .70 4th Gear OD locked up 2300rpm = 81.27 mph

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And why I'm on a roll here. I'd go ahead and hook up that lock up the right way. You can always have it the right way, and a toggle switch if you want to disable it for towing, but I've come to the conclusion, if you're going to have a lock up converter, its beneficial to use all the time as its intended and set up. Not for the fuel savings since that is very very little, but with the clutch locked up, it dramatically reduces transmisson heat which makes your transmission last much much longer. 700r4's need all the help they can get. You putting in 3.73's and trashing the 2.73's, your trasmission is wanting to kiss you all over already, use lock up and keep it cooler, it might just want to have mad passionate sex with you and call you Sweetie. :happy175:

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
You are very funny HRPC,Sweeties name is Linda,The boats name is pinkie,go figure. Yeah IMAN will be back on Tuesday figuring Maybe in a week or two on doin the frt diff. Remember HRPC Two for the pinkie One for the stinky...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
You are very funny HRPC,Sweeties name is Linda,The boats name is pinkie,go figure. Yeah IMAN will be back on Tuesday figuring Maybe in a week or two on doin the frt diff. Remember HRPC Two for the pinkie One for the stinky...

"THE SHOCKER" I should have my primer project done on my truck so I will have some free time. I usually end up back in the beautiful city around 4.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
And why I'm on a roll here. I'd go ahead and hook up that lock up the right way. You can always have it the right way, and a toggle switch if you want to disable it for towing, but I've come to the conclusion, if you're going to have a lock up converter, its beneficial to use all the time as its intended and set up. Not for the fuel savings since that is very very little, but with the clutch locked up, it dramatically reduces transmisson heat which makes your transmission last much much longer. 700r4's need all the help they can get. You putting in 3.73's and trashing the 2.73's, your trasmission is wanting to kiss you all over already, use lock up and keep it cooler, it might just want to have mad passionate sex with you and call you Sweetie. :happy175:

Mine is 3.73 with 33's, it's roughly 2100rpm at 70-ish. It's dang hard to keep it locked up at anything above 65mph (but it's also a heavy Burb that is generally loaded down), and if it spends too much time unlocked at those speeds it gets cookin' hot. As in "the tranny is going to die" hot. A switch to keep it locked up is a very good idea.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I think its time for a vote. Do we take away Wagonman's man card for good with a revoke, or do we just suspend it temporarily? If I understand this, he is putting Linda before his boat as far as names??? :lol: Maybe he knows Linda reads his posts on GMSB and he's just trying to score points with her. Yea, that must be what it is. :High 5: Linda would be proud wagon. :)

My 15yo son comes up wth all those, 2 in the pink, 1 in the stink, or 2 in the blood, 1 in the mud, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. But I told him knows to much already. He was 14 when he was telling me all those.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000