Tag and side marker lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 4x4
Engine Size
400sbc
These lights are not working , every other lights are, where to start troubleshooting at?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'm assuming the bulbs are bad and all the fuses are good? If so, I'd start by probing the little round connector for the license plate light (upstream from where the wire goes into the housing - can't miss it) to see if it's getting power with the headlight switch on, and I'd find a spot upstream on the marker light wires to do the same thing to rule out bad sockets, poor bulb contact, or corrosion interrupting the circuit.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 4x4
Engine Size
400sbc
Thanks yea the tag lights are brand new side markers are not
Yea I seen the little plug socket upstream, I’ll check for power to the plug,then look at sockets, hey one other thing my circuit board sheet on the gauge cluster some of the tracks have cracks on them
So I have not lights for speedo and gas gauge,can I run a jumper somewhere to catch power at a good connections to make them work?

Thanks, HILLBILLY

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thanks yea the tag lights are brand new side markers are not
Yea I seen the little plug socket upstream, I’ll check for power to the plug,then look at sockets, hey one other thing my circuit board sheet on the gauge cluster some of the tracks have cracks on them
So I have not lights for speedo and gas gauge,can I run a jumper somewhere to catch power at a good connections to make them work?

Thanks, HILLBILLY
I’ve in the past scraped the coating off and soldered jumpers on but you gotta be careful easiest way would be to change out the printed circuit with one with the same gauge package

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
^^^ Same thought here. I'm not brace enough to fool with that thing or go to the trouble and have to pull the cluster again. For slightly more than you could source a used cluster just for the printed circuit, you could get a brand new one from LMC for $70 plus shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk