Swapped dash to LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Finally got around to taking the cluster out and swapping out all the bulbs to LED this past week. Sorry no pics of the results just yet, its a work in progress. The wiring inside the cab of this truck is a bloody disaster! I need a new printed circuit board for the dash as half the lights won't work at all! I also want to rid the dash of the dead soldier OE gauges and replace them with functional stuff from my gauge stash. After all this work, I will probably decide to gut the stinking dash and go all new Autometer but what the hell.:grd:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dude lets see a writeup, I have to get mine working, I have no lights and would like to know what im up against.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I can do that no problem! I can take the dah/cluster out of mine in about fifteen minutes now. The poor old plastic isn't holding up well at all, and I am down to a total of four fasteners holding the whole works together LOL I got eight of the single SMD LEDs from SuperbrightLEDs.com and they are mega bright! They are all 194 wedge based type, which should replace all the bulbs in the cluster of a truck within a year or two of my 85. SuperbrightLED also sells the turn-lock bulb holders if any of yours are too shot to function. Although I think the weak link in our dash lighting is the flimsy printed circuit board that is pinched to the body of the cluster by the bulb holder. Which would explain why LMC sells replacements for so cheap right? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast