Stupid Q of the Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ok, I know some will want a large supply of butter for their eye rolls, but there is something I've been wanting to install on my truck and curious if it is doable. I understand it won't make the 350 an HP monster. I mainly want it for looks.

I want to install a butterfly style intake on stock 350 TBI. My question is two-fold: 1.) Will it fit on top the TBI; and 2.) is there enough clearance between underside of hood and the top of the TBI for the intake to fit?

Mr. Gasket Scoops. The triple scoop (red butterflies) is what I am aiming for. Will the single carb version fit on the TBI? I have a feeling carbs and TBI air cleaner platforms are the same size, but I could be wrong. I have found Mr. Gasket makes them, but are pricey. Does anyone make them cheaper?

Anyways, this is something I'd like to do sometime down the road along with replacing stock valve covers with chrome covers and other engine bling.

Thanks!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
not that I can answer your question, but this sounds like a sticky. LOL I've got a few, but I'm waiting for everyone to forget about the ones I've already asked before I post.

Your idea would look pretty cool though.

glockholiday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4
Engine Size
Can you still run an air filter?

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work for you. Honestly my only concern with running something like that would be getting the rest of my engine bay pretty enough to match.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work for you. Honestly my only concern with running something like that would be getting the rest of my engine bay pretty enough to match.

LOL! I know what you mean!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
The air filter is inside of the scoop. I've got one for the SS - traded an edelbrock rpm for it. I think it's the mr gasket street scoop 2 ? One carb or two. If you want pics, I know this guy that could hook you up.
Lemme know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76