Stupid previous owners suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I would probably have working AC in my Blazer right now if it weren't for one of the previous owners. The compressor, brackets, lines, and condenser are all gone. But that wasn't enough. Rather than removing the lines from the evaporator, they cut the tubes right off the evap. I guess they thought one was sticking out too far, so they apparently folded it over with a hammer and smashed the evap case in the process.

It probably only had a locked up compressor to begin with. Now it needs everything related to the AC:slap:

All of the cruise control hardware is gone too.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
i took all my ac stuff off but yea when i got my 82 man the po had a bungee cord to help the power steering pump dunno how but it did nothing bunch of stuff he was to lazy to do the first motor i had was a 355 new pistons rods and a 480 came with a torker 2 intake a pos holley the 480 came was lunati's bracket master 2 cam man that thing was nice it had a nice lope but sure enough he put a stock stall converter which just flattened the hell out of that cam and he used 3 different brand lifters wtf

On my 90 they cut the brake light wires right by he plug in why i dunno and they had a telephone wires running to the speakers

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Where to begin LOL Radiator held in with zip ties. Tranny cooler plumbed entirely with plumbing bits from Home Depot. Radio wired by a ten year old with electrical tape and nothing else, the splices were just the raw ends folded over each other and covered in three inches of tape. Oh and it would appear they used a SAwz-All to cut the hole the radio was sticking out of. Oh and the half assed "engine rebuild" that led me to discover all this garbage...

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
I would probably have working AC in my Blazer right now if it weren't for one of the previous owners. The compressor, brackets, lines, and condenser are all gone. But that wasn't enough. Rather than removing the lines from the evaporator, they cut the tubes right off the evap. I guess they thought one was sticking out too far, so they apparently folded it over with a hammer and smashed the evap case in the process.

It probably only had a locked up compressor to begin with. Now it needs everything related to the AC:slap:

All of the cruise control hardware is gone too.

That is exactly my problem. I wonder if it was the same guy working on our trucks. :hmm:

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
The thing that is difficult for me to wrap my brain around is why the hell you would eliminate the AC at all. Its not as if you are dealing with a four cylinder engine that loses a third of its WHP when you switch on the air for chrissakes! I am sort of considering ADDING A/C to mine for the dog days of summer. Oh, and I found a wire powering accesory fog lights that had just been jammed into the fuse panel, literally stripped of insulation and shoved into an open slot in the panel, amazing.....

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
The thing that is difficult for me to wrap my brain around is why the hell you would eliminate the AC at all. Its not as if you are dealing with a four cylinder engine that loses a third of its WHP when you switch on the air for chrissakes!

I wondered the same thing. When I had my Blazer, I never used my A/C because it needed a charge, but I never thought about eliminating it outright. It just chaps my ass what people do to perfectly good vehicles sometimes.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It just chaps my ass what people do to perfectly good vehicles sometimes.

Like when they rip out the interior "because they want to redo it later" or when they spray paint the body "primer gray" because the "paint is faded". Yeah, cause that will look soooo much better after it starts to peel and gets dirty:emotions122:

You ever tried to wash a car that was spray painted primer gray? It's like trying to drag the sponge across sandpaper. Stupid kids.

/rant

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Like when they rip out the interior "because they want to redo it later" or when they spray paint the body "primer gray" because the "paint is faded". Yeah, cause that will look soooo much better after it starts to peel and gets dirty:emotions122:

You ever tried to wash a car that was spray painted primer gray? It's like trying to drag the sponge across sandpaper. Stupid kids.

/rant

:idiot: I'm actually guilty of both of these offenses on my 1972 Pontiac Ventura II. But in my defense, the windshield leaks so everytime it rains, the carpet got wet and smelled like ass. Not to mention the potential rust issues it was causing, (caught it in time, no rust).

And as far as the primer goes, my passenger fender was shot to hell and had 1" of bondo on it so I got another fender from a yard. As far as paint on the rest of the car, it shines just like cement, so I just left it in primer.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
i painted my white truck with primer actually 1 dollar can of flat white

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i painted my white truck with primer actually 1 dollar can of flat white

Yeah, but the gray primer is about impossible to keep clean and you probably at least scuffed the old paint first.

I'm mostly just mad at the kid that previously had my '88 Iroc-Z. *warning, there's a story coming*

I had a Lumina Z34 for sale. A friend of mine told me his coworker had a decent '88 350 t-top Iroc-Z for sale, so I went and looked at it. It was fairly clean, all original faded paint, had the original stripes, and a few small rust spots. It wasn't a bad looking car. Had a rebuilt motor installed, but it didn't run at the time. I offered the Lumina for trade but they weren't interested.

Three or four months later, I get a call from the guy. He wanted to know if I still had the Lumina to trade. I did and was also still interested in a trade for the Camaro. Well it turns out, he got the car running, but sold it to his 16 year old brother-in-law. The kid wanted to make it a "race car" so he spray primed it. No prep work, no masking, no nothing. painted right over the stripes, emblems, turn signals, etc and got overspray all over the windows. He also removed the bright headlights and AC condenser because "race cars don't have those". Then the starter died and the car sat. The kid never paid anything, so the car was taken back, and that's when I got the call.

So, I went and looked at the car again. The primer was already chipping and peeling everywhere. Compared to before, the car looked like poo. I traded the Lumina for it anyway, lol.

I could have been driving around in a decent looking car, but because of that wannabe racerboy toolbag, I'm driving around in a "mullet ride". I spent a lot of time touching up the paint, cleaning overspray and whatnot, and it looks better now. But it still looked a lot better before.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
yea masked all my stuff off and made sure it was smooth

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Proper prep is everything! With enough elbow grease and attention to detail you can still paint a car in your driveway. Or with rattlecans LOL

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well when i got my monte carlo, the wanna be racer po had stripped the interior, had the back seat laying in it and the driver's seat bolted down while the pass. was laying in there, no carpet, the console was still in it, I guess he thought the carpet weighed it down too much but the rest didn't. The shifter and all linkage was gone, every tooth on the rear end was broke off because they put it in and set it up, the sway bar was with the carpet, in the trunk, guess the sway bar weighed too much too, but worst part was him removing the whole a/c heater box, so no heat at all just a big empty hole covered by plastic.

Hip 2 be square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i avoid stuff that looks like it's been too molested. Even so you always find a surprise or two.

I bought a 90 Blazer for $800, All stock, FI 350, underhood looked untouched other than replaced alt. Still, it was cheap and I knew I'd find some dumb **** eventually.

I removed all the rubber flooring, only because it needed some rust repair and I wanted to see exactly what I was dealing with. Found this in the rear floor under a chunk of corrugated tin roofing which was under the rubber floor.

You must be registered for see images attach

I made a cover for the hole using a section of bed floor I have here and made a decent cover for it, and screwed it down. Once I'm done wit the last of the repairs up front I'll make the hole itself a bit less dangerous too.

That's about all I found on this truck though. Everything else the PO pretty much just left alone.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That's a handy hole to have, though, so that if your sending unit goes out you don't have to drop the tank to work on it! :) I made something similar in my truck bed but the 'hole' was more like a square and I made a door to finish it off. Once I spray in the liner it'll all look completely finished off and look nice. The tank in my truck now sits at the rear of the bed so this door is pretty much in the rear and center of bed rather than shoved off to one side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64