Stupid previous owners suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I bought a 68 dart many years ago. The po asked if I wanted the a/c still and of course I said YES. get the car home, a/c has been CUT out. I was pissed. I have been gathering parts since.

also my 93 BMW. The trunk wouldn't close right, destroyed water pump, struts so bad I would change lanes at random, and various other issues. But I have since fixed most of the problems.

Nukedude

Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
My big problem is when people cut the factory wiring harness to add their stereo equipment.
It is also bad when this is done to add HID lights or the altezza style taillights onto a truck that is too old or wrong body style for them.
Another recent thing in my area is the huge chromed wheels on 4x4 trucks in an attempt to bling them out before selling them. At least these can be sold and the money used for realistic tires and wheels.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
When I bought my Camaro I realized what it was to hate paint. The PO decided to paint EVERY interior plastic piece with that textured outdoor spray paint, the stuff that makes it look like stone. Apparently they liked it so much that they then decided to spray the entire engine bay with it too. I had to scrap most of the plastic and it took many hours of grinding and sanding to get it all off the sheetmetal. That stuff was NASTY.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
The PO of my truck had pulled the motor and tranny. I bought it knowing I was going to rebuild or replace engine but was surprised to find no nuts on the motor mounts, hand tightened fuel lines and the tranny mount stud was stripped so the nut wouldn't tighten. Also had hacked up radio that didn't work with speaker wires running all over the damn place. I think my biggest PO bitch is cheap paint jobs. Lots of 15 foot paint jobs that look great online but once you get there it's all wavy flaking off and orange peel.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I can't believe the stupidity of some people.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Pulled 33 feet of wire from under my dash with both ends cut, not sure where it went but it wasn't original,bout 29
0 feet more of other wires with no where to go made
A removable harness for my switches and my radio wires are cut to replace if needed with male/female insulated ends
Working on headlamp relay upgrade, also all male/female insulated blade connectors, hopefully go through harness in engine bay and pull anything not connected and put new loom in, tail light wiring is a disaster along with current headlight wiring. Truck was painted with tractor enamel with what I suspect a roller, rocker panels are rusted and sealed with spray foam, rear dmi bumper is welded in place and not the greatest welds either
Exhaust wasn't hung right, lost a 50$ tip going down I75 when rear and only hanger broke, lots of safety wire there, I think that's about it as far as broken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB