Stupid previous owners suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
My wife and I got home from vacation in Minnesota on Friday after being gone for a solid week. We didn't take the Suburban like we wanted to so we took her mom's Buick LeSabre.

While I was truly enjoying the ice cold A/C, the oh so nice cruise control and the gas saving overdrive, I began thinking about the little things I need to do to make the Sub a truly great highway cruiser and developed an extreme HATE for the previous owner. You see, somewhere along the way, he managed to rip out the A/C for God only knows what reason, he scrapped the 700R4 for a TH350 and ****-canned the cruise control. He also took out the cat which will cost me a few more $$ when I go to do my exhaust.

Also along the way, he fell in love with silicone. When he took off the hood ornament, he plugged the hole with a huge glob of the ****. He also used silicone to keep the drivers window felt in place, (and he wasn't neat and tidy either). And last, but not least is the fact that he decided that half of a radiator shroud was better than a complete one, so he took out the bottom half of it and pitched it.

I just wish I had a "Previous Owner" heat seeking missile so I could at least have some satisfaction knowing that he isn't out there somewhere messing up other great trucks.

So what horrible **** have you noticed on your trucks that the previous owners were responsible for?

crossy's son

Reaction score
I believe there's a thread exactly like this full of pics on 67-72chevytrucks.com in the 73+ forum. You should see some of the scary **** in there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=218695&highlight=Previous+owner+fixes

this was on the 81 C10, this guy was a complete HACK
Nice radio support? folded it perfect and even used a sheetrock screw to hold it to the dash!
You must be registered for see images attach

this th-400 trans came out of the same truck due to 6" of drop with no notch and bad bad angles

I've parted out quite a few trucks with my ole' man so we've seen it all, tupperware turn signals, lexan vent windows, super glued tilt steering columns, steering shaft held together using heater hose and clamps due to body lift.....

tanz45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah there are some good hackers out there. Some people go out of their way to save a buck and ruin perfectly good stuff.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
LOl I use sheetrock screws on alot of stuff, put some in my hood on my 88 to hold on my hood scoop along with 3m double sided tape, hoods crap anyways. I use them all the time building sub boxes too. I'm also guily of cutting dashes for cd players, but I try to not let it show that it's been cut.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
I'll share another one with ya. When I was 14, my dad told me about this car that a co-worker of his was selling. It was a 1975 Ford Maverick. It was actually a kick ass little car. Anyway, I ended up buying it, (with my own money), for $200. We drove it home and I started fixing it up as best as a broke 14 year old can.

Anywhoo, when I went to roll down the passenger window, I found out that it had been superglued shut. I guess it was easier for the kid to glue it shut than it was to pull the door panel off and see what had broke. :wtf:

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
LOl I use sheetrock screws on alot of stuff, put some in my hood on my 88 to hold on my hood scoop along with 3m double sided tape, hoods crap anyways. I use them all the time building sub boxes too. I'm also guily of cutting dashes for cd players, but I try to not let it show that it's been cut.

i too am a dash cutter... though i cut the bezel square and even, reinstall it, trace the cutout onto the metal dash, and cut an extra 1/8" all the way around for a little bit of of extra clearance.

don't have any that are cut now, or i'd post pics. always ends up looking decent though.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
same here I use the radio metal bracket/retainer trace it onto the plastic, cut it inside the line and file it to fit or use a dremel or something. Then when it fits nice I mark the metal just like you, and cut it, or usually I just do the top and bottom and fold them back. But sometimes I just cut the factory knob ears off completely in the metal dash.

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-We found a hypodermic needle inside the windshield washer fluid tank on one of the K5's my buddy traded for.

-Had to scrub a 1/4" layer of chew spit/chew goo off the floor of my K5 when I got it.

-Hate hillbilly use of silicone, zip-ties, string, tape, and such.

-I found a metal sign glued and screwed to the floor as a quickie patch panel in the floor of my last Z car....oh, and a bullet hole in the firewall....from the INSIDE.

Ahhhh yes, memories....

-John

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Thanks PO!

I would have liked to have the 700r4 from it instead of the leaky TH350. OD would be nice

crossy's son

Reaction score
I parted out a 92 dodge diesel about a year ago and the whole drivers floor was rotted out so they siliconed an old warning sign to the floor, it was warning you that alarms would go off if you entered the property

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Thanks PO!

I would have liked to have the 700r4 from it instead of the leaky TH350. OD would be nice

what happened there

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
somebody slapped the bondo to it and never sanded it down smooth then painted over it.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
i hate seeing that people just out bondo and never sand it

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yep me too see it all the time here, my uncle, my buddy and his dad all do it. My buddy even took auto body shop in highschool LOL. We've slapped bondo over rust and piled it in many times or done all the other stupid tricks, fiberglass mat, screen wire, chicken coop stuff, mesh, lace curtains, spray foam, duraglass etc. and then bondo'd over it but we always sand it down and paint it to make it look good. Even roof tin over holes with rivets and bondo, but still, we always do the rest of the finish work and paint it LOl. Now we moved on to cutting it out and welding in new since we bought the tools to do it finally.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
thats how i am i had a hole in my cab corner just put some bondo on it to me its better than the whole i will fix it right eventually

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus