stuck accelerator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stacie

Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
So, my daughter and I were cruising along in my '79 k2500 and I noticed when I let off the accelerator, it didn't let off. I slipped my foot under the pedal and lifted back out which worked the first few times and then it didn't. I pulled over, forced it into park and shut her down. I noticed the wires in the accelerator cable were exposed and starting to fray so I found a new one and installed it only to find that the pedal still wasn't returning to idle position. The thing is, the cable I removed was roughly 21 inches long and the stock cable according to the parts store was closer to 25 inches. I've only owned the truck for 6 months and the previous owner was using it as a yard plow truck since 1996, translation, there are a lot of funky, mismatched, hacked together, just make her run mechanics going on under my hood. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I miss driving her :(

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Welcome to the site. What kind of shape, condition wise, is your return spring?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome aboard, a pic would probably help..

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
And if you have cruise control, check those cables for bind too. Had that happen on my '87 when I pulled it out of the garage to part it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne