stepside vs fleetside bumper brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
This summer I'll be swapping to a stepside bed. Currently the truck has a sport bumper, looking at the lmc catalog it looks like fleetside has inner and outer brackets and the stepside only has an inner set. How similar are they? Do I need to get stepside brackets or are the inner brackets from the fleetside basically the same?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
73-87 rear step side bumpers are actually 67-72 step side bumpers from the factory so they are significantly different.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Alright, thanks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
73-87 rear step side bumpers are actually 67-72 step side bumpers from the factory so they are significantly different.

Whoa !!! Look who dropped in !!! :wave: John

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What up Homie???!!! :wave:

To much really. Trying to get back into the GMSB groove now that things have settled a little bit. Health ailments have gotten alot worse in the last year, didn't work steady, had some so called helpers move in to help me taking care of my house and adding a little income to the household. Nothing but problems, lazy ass people who didn't keep their end of the deal, didn't pay etc, so my house went into foreclosure and not a damn thing I could do about it. So the foreclosure will be dismissed now since I was able to sell it for pay off just before it went to Sheriff sale. Now waiting for SSDI to be approved. That could take awhile, but it's moving pretty fast and it's looking like I'll be approved on the first go round and won't need to do all the appeals ******** and drag it out for many months or years.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
To much really. Trying to get back into the GMSB groove now that things have settled a little bit. Health ailments have gotten alot worse in the last year, didn't work steady, had some so called helpers move in to help me taking care of my house and adding a little income to the household. Nothing but problems, lazy ass people who didn't keep their end of the deal, didn't pay etc, so my house went into foreclosure and not a damn thing I could do about it. So the foreclosure will be dismissed now since I was able to sell it for pay off just before it went to Sheriff sale. Now waiting for SSDI to be approved. That could take awhile, but it's moving pretty fast and it's looking like I'll be approved on the first go round and won't need to do all the appeals ******** and drag it out for many months or years.

Holy ****! Man that makes my problems insignificant by comparison. Hope it all works out for you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size