Step for 1985 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi folks looking for ideas on a step up for my truck. Did the 1985 originally have a side step? Most of truck is original. Not sure if I am keeping it, but I find it hard to step up into cab.

Thank you for any thoughts!

M

Attachments

• my-truck.jpg
    my-truck.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 212

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Well, they have running boards, step bars, and hoop steps. Personally, I think running boards only look good on the Suburbans or the crew cabs. Just a regular truck or a Blazer, I'd do a step bar because it has a more subtle profile. The hoop step would be my second choice because even though it's smaller, it's aesthetically obtrusive, but it's by far the cheapest. Actually, here's what we used to do. So when my dad had his '86 Jimmy, and him, my mom, myself, later on my little brother, and my maternal great grandparents (six people in a K5, mind you) used to go places in it, they would carry a step stool around for my grandma. She's a very short 97 year old lady now, and that's how she'd get in and crawl in the back. Not saying you're a granny. I used to use it between the time when I started walking and when I was tall enough to get in. Not saying you're a small child, either. That's just my cheapskate's exit strategy for you.

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the reply. Did any step bars original come on truck? Any photos would be great.

M

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Thanks for the reply. Did any step bars original come on truck? Any photos would be great.

M

I don't recall any side steps being available on these directly from the factory. Many of the running boards and such were put on as dealer installed options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78