Steering box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
Ok, have not driven the truck much lately, and the one day I drive it, I come come and park it, and the next day I got a spot under it the side of china.

After further inspection, It appears a seal is busted that I am assuming is where the Pitman?? arm comes out the gear box and connects to the stabilizer?

As soon as I fill it up its leaking from that spot.

How hard is it to replace? The trucks steering works great when there is fluid in it.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
There's a slick trick to it. Leave the box on the truck, take off the pitman arm, take out the snap ring and flat washer, then start the truck and GENTLY turn the steering wheel and the pressure should pop the seal out enough you can get it out. Have a bucket under it to catch any fluid if it blows out.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
There's a slick trick to it. Leave the box on the truck, take off the pitman arm, take out the snap ring and flat washer, then start the truck and GENTLY turn the steering wheel and the pressure should pop the seal out enough you can get it out. Have a bucket under it to catch any fluid if it blows out.

Good to know! :) At least if it blows out it will afford you the opportunity to do a power steering fluid flush lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06