Static Drops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavieL

Reaction score
First Name
Davie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
5.3 LS with Holley EFI
My 86 Silverado
DJM 3/4 Drop
Front: Spindles
Rear: Shackles
Tires: 255-70s-15s
Wheels: Factory Bullet Wheels
I want to cut the front coils to lower the front an inch. Does anyone know how I need to cut?
You must be registered for see images attach

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
What DJM 3/4 kit did you install, Spindles and drop hangers/shackles? Or 3in springs and hangers/shackles?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Need this on my truck! :deal:

DavieL

Reaction score
First Name
Davie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
5.3 LS with Holley EFI
What DJM 3/4 kit did you install, Spindles and drop hangers/shackles? Or 3in springs and hangers/shackles?

It is 3in drop spindles and 4in hanger/shackles, got the kit from Stylin Trucks in 07 and it was on sale when I bought it.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
It is 3in drop spindles and 4in hanger/shackles, got the kit from Stylin Trucks in 07 and it was on sale when I bought it.
Since your springs are stock, if you cut 1/2 a round off the bottom of the spring they are a real pita to get back in since its the top that needs to be lined up, that would gove you a 1in drop. If you cut one round off it will be much easier to install and it will give you a 2in drop. If you go with the 2in drop you may want to consider a flip kit for the rear to bring the back down another 1in but that will require you to reinstall the stock shacles/hangers. I usualy discurage guys from doing the 4in drop shackles and hangers because everybody always wants it lower after they do a 2/4 or a 3/4 drop.

DavieL

Reaction score
First Name
Davie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
5.3 LS with Holley EFI
Since your springs are stock, if you cut 1/2 a round off the bottom of the spring they are a real pita to get back in since its the top that needs to be lined up, that would gove you a 1in drop. If you cut one round off it will be much easier to install and it will give you a 2in drop. If you go with the 2in drop you may want to consider a flip kit for the rear to bring the back down another 1in but that will require you to reinstall the stock shacles/hangers. I usualy discurage guys from doing the 4in drop shackles and hangers because everybody always wants it lower after they do a 2/4 or a 3/4 drop.

Thanks for the info John. Ya hindsight is 20/20, now I would like it a little lower. Maybe someday I can bag it. By the way I like your truck it has a good stance.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Thanks for the info John. Ya hindsight is 20/20, now I would like it a little lower. Maybe someday I can bag it. By the way I like your truck it has a good stance.

Thanks bro, it is a 4.5/5 drop soon to be 4.5/7in.

87fi

Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
6/8 drop

chassi tec 3" springs and 3" spindles
flip kit in rear

in process of putting a dropped cross member in

Man, I like this Blazer. Sure is a killer paint job!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
John you are probably right on the money, it's a damn good looking truck, but than again I like your truck, it's simple and clean. Do you ever get the front sway bar put on?

Here's mine 2.5 drop spindles, and axle flip"

I want the front end down a little lower

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
John you are probably right on the money, it's a damn good looking truck, but than again I like your truck, it's simple and clean. Do you ever get the front sway bar put on?

Here's mine 2.5 drop spindles, and axle flip"

I want the front end down a little lower
Thanks Shawn, no I didn't yet but the Super Chevy Show is next week end and I'm taking it to the classic car ride into the show sat morning, after that the engine, tranny, and whole front end is being removed and rebuilt then the sway bar will be going on.

How much lower do you want to go? You could get lower profile tires on the front like 245/60/15 and/or cut one round off the stock springs for an additional 2in drop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag