Speedo Hairspring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philipf9

Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Guys, I don't know how bad I screwed up, so I need your help. I went to take my needle off of speedo. When I did, the hairspring behind the plate was all stretched and pull. It was unrepairable so I cut the spring off. I did not realize that it was a major part. So what do I do? Is there an at home fix or can I just but that spring? (I've searched online for 3 days on all parts sites I know and can't find it) Or do I need to buy a whole new speedo?

Thank you for your help in advance.

bedwards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
You will prob need to get a replacement speedo from a junk yard. I have worked on older speedos and if you accidentally mess the spring up it is not repairable. There are repair shops for antique and vintage speedos if you google them, they might fix yours.

bedwards

Umbreon

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
James
Engine Size
australia
on the horizonal gear the spedo cable drives might be a different # of teeth also.

I didn`t think if the little spring being different between the spedos, good to know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devilthe0ry