Speedo cable length for 81 c10 6 cylinder saginaw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey, my speedo cable is going wonky in my 81 C10 4.1L 250 6 cylinder, with saginaw 3 speed tranny. I put a cable in a few years ago and it was 105", and it was too short by a little. Now I look, and the longest is 80". What? cannot find a good listing and LMC doesn't say how long theirs are. Autozone, Oreilly, Napa, non of them help. Anyone know how long and where I can get the proper cable?

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I just bought one from O'reillys and it was the right length. Works great and was only like $13. You might give them a try.

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Try finding a universal cable that can be cut to length.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well, I fixed it now. Pulled the inner cable out and lubed it with graphite spray.Put its back in and no more jumping. It doesn't move at all. Harumph. Measured it while it was out, 62". I do not know where I got 105". The cable slides out of one end or the other and nothing. I fix these things all the time in my business, don't know why this has been an ongoing problem since getting this truck. But I will fix it one day.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I fixed it. New cable.. The exact one I pulled out by part number on the cable, but new is 1 " longer and speedo is now working smoothly, for first time since I bought the truck. 3rd or 4th cable. All have been ATP-pioneer brand. New cable fit properly all around. This was the only problem in my truck, that isn't body or rust related, that Ive had for the last 4 years. So, per below, I do not have to sell my tools. Also, used PB Chain and cable lube on inner cable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli