Sniper In My 1970 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Again, not technically a Squarebody....... but with a few hickups, she is in and exceeds expectations!

You must be registered for see images attach

Again, not officially a squarebody, but as someone once said "square enough". This kit exceeds all expectations.
I had some trouble getting the return fitting sealed into the hole that I drilled thru the sending unit plate. Wonder if anyone knows if a sending unit is available that is already preplumbed for a return line fitting?
She fires up and really hauls arse! By that I mean she has the ability to get a' moving faster than I can steer or stop - YIKES!

Last edited:

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Whoops on the double post - haven't had my coffee yet!

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
she has the ability to get a' moving faster than I can steer or stop - YIKES!
I used build stuff that way on purpose,if it is terrifying to drive at W.O.T. you won't blow it up.Thats not a joke it's a hard learned lesson. I have no idea how many mild Motors I trashed because I never had to lift throttle.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Looks great, if you did an external pump do yourself a favor an start saving for a rear mounted tank that will allow an in tank pump. 67-72 are hard on external pumps due to the distance they have to pull the fuel.

Also get the laptop software, go in an limit closed loop an learn down to about 15% each. A 2D AFR table will also help it run better but that has to be done in the software.

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Thanks for your experience and advice, everyone!

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Just wanted to add, I had a built up 700R4 tranny installed. She's like a whole nother truck now!

Does anyone have experience with a Lokar cable throttle on this type of set up? With the stock throttle linkage there is resistance in the first 1/8 of the pedal throw. Easing over this hump is difficult without smoking the tires.

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
And get that temperature sensor out of that thermostat housing and into either side of the front of the intake !

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I run my temp senders for my EFI in the heads. There's a constant minimum 10 degrees difference between the heads and intake. My airgap manifold is terrific at keeping engine temp out of the manifold. I prefer it going into closed loop as fast as it can when it hits the 160 degree threshold.

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
And get that temperature sensor out of that thermostat housing and into either side of the front of the intake !
Yeah, that plug was stuck. In the interest of getting her running, that's where the sensor ended up. Here is a mystery, my temp quage is still getting signal from somewhere?!

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Yeah, that plug was stuck. In the interest of getting her running, that's where the sensor ended up. Here is a mystery, my temp quage is still getting signal from somewhere?!
probably a single wire sensor in between plugs 1 and 3 on the driverside.

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Wondering if this 1972 sending unit w/ vent fitting would fit into my 1970 in cab tank? I'd want to use the vent line to connect my sniper's return fuel line back into the tank & toss the janky set up that I fabricated:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello