sliding rear window to a solid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wamullins

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Have an 82 C-10 with factory sliding rear window, would like to replace with a solid rear window from a 78 c-10. Will it fit and what weatherstripping will I need (82 or 78)? Thanks for any and all help.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I can't answer your question but I am curious as to why your going to a solid window, I have a solid and am considering going to a slider.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
In my 82 I pulled the factory solid glass and swapped to a slider. We removed the solid window and used the rubber gasket on the slider. Did not have to get anything else. I think the window from the 78 should work fine as I don't believe there were any changes in size or dimn.

wamullins

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I can't answer your question but I am curious as to why your going to a solid window, I have a solid and am considering going to a slider.

I just personally like the solid window, also the locking mechanism is broke on the slider and it don't slide real good.

chevn-up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
305 c.i.
Hey, hey, good idea losing the slider. I did the same and could not believe how much it cleaned and smoothed-up the back of the cab. I have an 85. The glass was extracted from a 77, and the weatherstrip was purchased from LMC for an 85. (the plain strip, without the chrome insert) if that makes any difference? No problems installing, and after 7 yrs. no leaks.

Oldrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
My 85 came with the solid. When I replaced the windshield, I had them pull the solid rear out and install a new gasket.

wamullins

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Hey, hey, good idea losing the slider. I did the same and could not believe how much it cleaned and smoothed-up the back of the cab. I have an 85. The glass was extracted from a 77, and the weatherstrip was purchased from LMC for an 85. (the plain strip, without the chrome insert) if that makes any difference? No problems installing, and after 7 yrs. no leaks.

Looking forward to doing the swap.....I screwed up and ordered the weatherstripping with the groove for the trim, going to reorder the right one and get it swapped out.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I'm thinking of doing the same, I think it looks cleaner and I never use the slider anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30