Should I try these wheels out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Im thinking about changing out my wheels. I have a set of 16x8 eagle alloys, and wanted some opinions on how they would look on my truck. Might even need someone to photoshop them on there for me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Im thinking about changing out my wheels. I have a set of 16x8 eagle alloys, and wanted some opinions on how they would look on my truck. Might even need someone to photoshop them on there for me.

At least try. I think they will look darn good.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I think Jesse's right about this. They'll definitely look good, but the steelies really fit the style of the truck better.
If you mean the old man style, the bed rails are not on there and there is a push bar on there now. That was just a mock up for the bed rails. lol

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I think it still captures the old man/classic style without the bed rails. Not that there’s anything at all wrong with that. Better to be an old man’s truck than a young man’s.

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Those wheels would look good, but those wide steelies is what makes me really like your truck. Dont see wide steelies with stock caps too often, but those other wheels are pretty common. Just my 2cents.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I don’t know why I want to mess with it. I’ve got a set of rally’s I could use, and a set of white wagon wheels too. But at 10” wide they might not work with my 31’s.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I have American racing AR172's. They are basically the same wheel. I did a search using AR172 K10 and came up with this, but they are 17x9's. You could always add trim rings to your steel wheels.

You must be registered for see images

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I had 16x6.5 steelies and I liked the look of them. The 285/75 tires were pushing it on the 6.5” wheel. I almost got some 8” wide steels but they were quite a bit more than the American Racing 16x8” wheels and I wanted to see if I could notice a difference in feel.

So I gave the aluminum ones a shot. I found them for $108 each new. They’re half the weight of my steelies. Rotational mass is the most important mass to reduce on your truck, but it’s not a huge difference like on something more performance oriented. Your suspension, braking and acceleration will all improve—marginally.

Mine is a square eye and yours is a round eye. I think that does make a difference. For a round eye, I still think I’d pop for the 15 or 16x8 steels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray