Shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
I'm new to lifting trucks would it be better to shackle all 4 springs or just the rear and spring the front or shackle the front and spring the back? I want a total of around 4 inches out of the shackles and 10 inches total. 87 Chevy V10

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Since the shackle is only on one end of the spring the lift provided is only half of the added lift (meaning a 2" longer than stock shackle provides 1" of lift. To get 4" of lift the shackle will need to be 8" longer than stock, a shackle this long will created tons of alignment and handling problems.

Longer shackles are ok but there are limitations to the amount of lift, usually only an inch or so.

That said...

For the front use springs (NEVER use blocks)

For the rear use blocks, springs and/or a shackle flip bracket

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
Thanks I think ord has 7" shackles so it would be 3.5" lift correct? Should I just do like a 4" shackle then and keep it lower and then use the springs for the most part of the lift?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You could start wit a 4-6" lift, do the rear shackle flip, zero rates all 4 corners, then to match the front with the rear. Get longer shackles or go coil springs up front. I prefer to lift as much as needed, but as lil as possible. Run big tires,gears,lockers over being sky high. Unless it's a mud truck I like my cog to be low.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78