Service Parts Identification Decal? (SPID)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado81

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Due to the 2004 theft of my truck I am missing the "Service Parts Identification" decal for the glove box, also the tire size/inflation information that was below the door striker, and the GM id decal that was about eye level on the inside edge of the drivers door. I remember it being manufactured 5/81. It had the VIN number, and weight as well. Sort of a pita for the safety inspection, but they eventually figure things out. Does anyone make reproductions of these types of decals or am i sol? I do have the same under hood decal as in the second post by HotRodPC, but the "model year 1981" has been cut out. I found that decal in the glove box, and glued it back under the hood as is. Would be nice to have a complete emissions, and the rest of these decals back on the truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Due to the 2004 theft of my truck I am missing the "Service Parts Identification" decal for the glove box, also the tire size/inflation information that was below the door striker, and the GM id decal that was about eye level on the inside edge of the drivers door. I remember it being manufactured 5/81. It had the VIN number, and weight as well. Sort of a pita for the safety inspection, but they eventually figure things out. Does anyone make reproductions of these types of decals or am i sol? I do have the same under hood decal as in the second post by HotRodPC, but the "model year 1981" has been cut out. I found that decal in the glove box, and glued it back under the hood as is. Would be nice to have a complete emissions, and the rest of these decals back on the truck.

There are companies out there that refurb or reman OE Fisher Metal Body Tags for full restore vehicles, but for sticker type labels, unless the dealer has something I'd say you're SOL and even if you do find something, it's not going to be VIN spedific. I'd say the best you can come up with is someone else have the stickers in good shape, taking high quality pics, then you modify the best you can and print them, but you'll never have them perfect now that I'd think. It would be nice if they could be reproduced from the VIN from a dealership.

Silverado81

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Ok thanks HotRod, kind of what I was thinking.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I have a ton of SPID labels and can probably help a bit with options and specifics.

Silverado81

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Awesome Jay! I have the original invoice from 7-22-81 that lists all the options I'm guessing the dealership got off the SPID. It cost my Grandfather $10,157.18 brand new!
The guy's handwriting wasn't the best, but I made it out the best I could:
All weather air
I can't make out the second item: something something mill?
Fleetside PU box
stabilizer bar
rear axle standard
H.D. rear springs
vacuum power brakes
305 v8 4bbl esc
automatic transmission
auxiliary fuel tank
power steering
rally wheels
quartz electric clock (original still working)
Chev med? rear step bumper
5 p22575r15tbls s/b w/w (I remember they were Goodyear Polysteel Radials with a wide whitewall)
operating convenience pkg
deluxe two tone paint
blue spec cust cloth seat
color #30 Nordic blue metallic #17 silver
Bonanza option pkg
Also a note: Add AM FM Stereo cassette w/ 4 speaker, credit AM FM Rove

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Would you be able to scan it? I can probably decipher it better that way.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
1990 Chevrolet Suburban-2500-5.7-4X4-TH700R4-A/C-pwr wndws-pwr door locks-bucket seats with counsil box-3rd row seat-wood grain dash/doors.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• decal.jpg
    decal.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 362
  • decal2.jpg
    decal2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 398

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
1990 Chevrolet Suburban-2500-5.7-4X4-TH700R4-A/C-pwr wndws-pwr door locks-bucket seats with counsil box-3rd row seat-wood grain dash/doors.

That one has 3.73 Gears with Locking Differential.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I will check out that differential tomorrow when We bring the pickup in that We installed them differentials into.Swapped the 3/4 ton springs and the lift kit over to a 84 1/2 ton job.Have to bring it back in for the new Rancho shocks,I forgot to see if both sides turned the same direction whilst turning one axle.
Thats a bit of a chore,knocking off them rear spring hangers to move them back a hole.LOL
We did have the covers off but I did`nt see any clutch packs in there,I even lookedededed.LOL someone might have busted it or maby robbed that locker for something else.
I had never seen a rear differential turn as smooth as this one,drums rustset onto the flanges,give them a spin and they`d just keep tight on a going for a while,smooooooth.

Silverado81

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Scanned invoice

here is the scanned invoice, Jay.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 193

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Awesome, I will see what I can come up with for you this weekend. First chance I'll get to work on anything.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Moved into Tech Discussion.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I will check out that differential tomorrow when We bring the pickup in that We installed them differentials into.Swapped the 3/4 ton springs and the lift kit over to a 84 1/2 ton job.Have to bring it back in for the new Rancho shocks,I forgot to see if both sides turned the same direction whilst turning one axle.
Thats a bit of a chore,knocking off them rear spring hangers to move them back a hole.LOL
We did have the covers off but I did`nt see any clutch packs in there,I even lookedededed.LOL someone might have busted it or maby robbed that locker for something else.
I had never seen a rear differential turn as smooth as this one,drums rustset onto the flanges,give them a spin and they`d just keep tight on a going for a while,smooooooth.

One of the mods.
Could You please move the tag over to the appropiate section.
I thought thats where this was going when it mysteriousely found its way into here.LOL

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It is still in the appropriate section if you look you will see it there. This one is a copy of that post to keep the convo flowing here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1