Seat recovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
1978/1984
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So this seat is pretty bad and I was just wondering if anyone has tried to re-do their seat themselves. I don't need it to look great or even good I just don't want all these tears in the seat. was thinking of taking all the vinyl off and getting some kind of fabric to put on it.. I just think it cost a bit to get them redone professionally. And does anyone have pictures?

Attachments

• new couch project.jpg
    new couch project.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 119

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Can't wait to see what anyone comes up with. My stock seat looks almost the same and I have been thinking the same thing for years. If I didn't DD my truck I would have pulled it out and seen what I could come up with.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Personally, I think it's worth having an upholstery shop do jobs like this. The seat get's rebuilt in the process, so not only does it looks good, it sits good. IMO, money well spent over the lifetime ownership I plan. When I had the 2 front seats done in the 'burb, I harvested a bunch of matching OE seat fabric from the local yard. Brought that to the upholstery shop and that's what they used.

Otherwise, maybe LMC Truck has something premade that you'd like?

cmull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
1978/1984
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This actually came out of the truck I just sold(the guy wanted buckets) so I might just try for myself and see how bad it turns out to be haha. And I'm also going to weld up a base to learn how to weld and hopefully end up with a decent couch! And then I'd have a spare seat in case one of my others gets all ripped up.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
My seat is the pre-made one from LMC. I'm happy with the quality.

My seat was all fabric but I decided to go with the style that has vinyl on the edge and fabric in the seating area. I figured the vinyl would hold up better to the sliding into and out of the seat, that's where the fabric was all ruined on the original seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1