Saddle Blanket Covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Just curious if anyone has ever used saddle blanket seat covers. I'd like to see what they look like in your truck, are they comfortable/durable? Where did you get yours from? Thanks guys!

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have had some in my truck for a couple of months, so I can't speak of the durability, but they look good and go with the theme of my truck. I got them from LMC. I will say the one I got is scratchy as can be so there won't be any summertime shirt off drives.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They used to be durable and comfy. The last one I bought was scratchy and started fading after about a month, then after a couple months it was completely baked and falling apart. It literally was turning to dust. I then threw it out. It was a Saddleman that I bought from NAPA, about 35 bucks I think.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I have the multiple color one in my truck, and its been in there over a year and a half now now. As far as comftorbility, ive slept in my truck, so ide say its comfy. strength is there. The only problem ive had with mine is the tie down strings are weak as F.

Oh, and i got it for 7$ at Autozone on sale.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Ok I was looking at a set with the brown stripe down the middle. The are advertised at 10lbs each and cost $45. Does that sound right? heres the pic they provide:

You must be registered for see images

Think brown would look good in here?

You must be registered for see images attach

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
They used to be durable and comfy. The last one I bought was scratchy and started fading after about a month, then after a couple months it was completely baked and falling apart. It literally was turning to dust. I then threw it out. It was a Saddleman that I bought from NAPA, about 35 bucks I think.

The last 2 I bought did the same thing. Lasted maybe a year and just turned to dust. The best seat covers I've found as far as durability are those camo vinyl/canvas? type seat covers. They're uncomfortable and noisy though.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
The last 2 I bought did the same thing. Lasted maybe a year and just turned to dust. The best seat covers I've found as far as durability are those camo vinyl/canvas? type seat covers. They're uncomfortable and noisy though.

I've got some camo nylon ones from Bass Pro. As far as comfy, it's fairly there... Though if you've got a shirt on, it'll stick to you during the summer, but shirtless it doesn't. It's held up pretty well but it was faded whenever I got the truck so no telling how long it's been in there. And as far as cigarettes and synthetics go. Well you can pretty much guess that it's going to burn a whole right through it. Not so much for noisy though.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ok I was looking at a set with the brown stripe down the middle. The are advertised at 10lbs each and cost $45. Does that sound right? heres the pic they provide:

You must be registered for see images

Think brown would look good in here?

You must be registered for see images attach

Brown would look good. Maybe they are different, but that looks like the ones I bought. I still have a brand new one in the box (red), it was for the rear seat, but the front one turned to dust before I had a chance to put the rear one on.

What steering wheel are you running?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
My father has one in his 82 c30 work truck. I don't know the brand, but it's been there for as long as I can remember. So, it's been going strong for at least 15 years. Pretty scratchy though.

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000-F using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I used that style cover 25 years ago in my first truck I bought. I liked the fact it had pockets built into the front of it. That was a long ass time ago but it was pretty good quality and I bought it from JCW at the time. Not sure how they are these days.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Thanks for the help guys! Seems like these things are pretty hit-or-miss. Hopefully the ones I'm looking at will work out.

bucket, the steering wheel in the picture was actually from the previous owner. That was a pic he sent me before I bought the truck. Oddly it came with a different wheel when it got here... I believe the one pictured is a corvette wheel though if I am not mistaken. It has a GMT400 wheel on it now, which I actually quite like a lot!

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
I got mine a year a half ago from amazon. Still looks great but I only drive my truck 2x or 3x a week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith