Rough Country Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Anybody have one? Do you like it? I want to replace my body lift with a suspension lift. Are there better lifts for the money? Also, should I go back with standard cab mounts or a good 1" body lift when I take the old one off? Im just going to run 33x12.50 tires.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They are hard to beat for the money. It will ride a bit stiffer than stock though, more with higher lifts.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The ride doesn't bother me a whole lot. I expected to be beat to death when I bought a 4wd swb and It doesn't go very far. I Work about a mile from the house and all my hunting and fishing holes are within a 10 mile radius.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
They are stiff, very stiff ride, we bought ours for $300shipped, but that was like 7yrs ago. I'd say get the tuff country around the same price an they have ez ride springs. We got ours from jcwhitney

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
They are stiff, very stiff ride, we bought ours for $300shipped, but that was like 7yrs ago. I'd say get the tuff country around the same price an they have ez ride springs. We got ours from jcwhitney

Thanks I will give them a look too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Too bad your not close to me. I just took a fender of at the junk yard on a 4X4 that had a complete Rough Country setup. It was stamped on the springs.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I did a Tuff Country EZ-Ride +2/+3, and it rides better than stock. The negative arch on the stock springs made it ride like a brick. A 2" front lift was enough to put some positive arch in the front springs, which made a big difference. I put +3 in the back to get the fender cutouts the same height off the ground so it wouldn't look like it was dragging tail. I really like it, and recommend it. Plenty high for 33s. Here it is with 31s back when I put it on about a year and a half back.

You must be registered for see images attach

mnevils23

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 4 inch Rough Country lift on mine, and to be honest, it rides a lot better than it did when it was stock. I'm riding 33's but it could fit 35's.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm pretty stuck on the 33s, but that is good to know. Thanks for the help. Anybody have any advice on going back with can mounts vs just buying a good 1" body lift?

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
My vote goes to Trail Master, it just too bad they don't make them anymore as far as I know. They build exclusively for the IFS setups on newer trucks nowadays. I had a 6" lift on my SWB GMC truck about 25 years ago and it rode better than stock by long shot. My BIL put a 4" Rancho on his Blazer and it rode like a rock. Today's lifts are probably much better engineered. However, more spring leaves of thinner design will yield a softer ride at any ride height. 4 leaves or less in a pack is stiff no matter what.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That old truck looks good. I like the extra lift in the back. looks good.

I have a 6 inch lift. Had it for years, and now I honestly like the look of a 4 inch lift better.

BTW 35s can rub on 4 inches of lift.

Hoops1

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I would take the body lift out and just use factory mounts

I run 35s on my rough country 4inch lift no rubbing :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
The ride doesn't bother me a whole lot. I expected to be beat to death when I bought a 4wd swb and It doesn't go very far. I Work about a mile from the house and all my hunting and fishing holes are within a 10 mile radius.

I feel different about the swb ride than what you expected. My lifted ride was nice riding. I feel it should be that way despite the type of lift for one reason. The driver is nearly centered between the front and rear axles. And like any teeter-tooter the fulcrum point in the middle doesn't ever change in elevation. Well, it's not absolutely like that but it gives an idea of what I mean. It does help to have some amount of extra weight on the rear of the truck. I had a straight 6" heavy walled pipe bumper on mine. It alone weighed about a hundred pounds, maybe more. That must have helped.

jls7707

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a Rough Country 6in I installed a couple weekends ago. Currently running 33x12.50 but going to 35 or 37x15.50 soon. The lift is a bit rough but not much different then stock. The kit I bought is full springs no blocks and I had to purchase brake line extensions, sway bar bracket, and quad shock upgrade. I am extremely happy with the lift and had no problem installing it myself in my driveway.

Btw: Hey Y'all, new to the forum!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tirekicker310